Lord_Chris

Week #7 - Stronghold 3

The challenges are starting to progress now, exposing you to parts of the game that hopefully you would never otherwise encounter. Your challenge for this week is: Create a custom load screen for Stronghold 3 symbolising a night raid on a wooden village. Once completed, upload it to our Gallery.

The image can be in any format (other than bitmap), the colour schemes can be up to you - the load screen can be a mixture of a in-game screenshots, custom artwork, already existing load screens or anything you so desire!

Useful resources

Note: Your entry must be [colour=red]uploaded to our gallery[/colour] by Midnight on Saturday to be counted in this challenge (20/2/16 23:59). Please also post a link to your image in this thread so we know it is part of the challenge The results will be revealed on Sunday.

Good luck everyone!

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

Great to hear! :)

Useful Articles

If I remember correctly there is some keyboard command to get free camera view, that is to turn it on and off. I haven't find anything about that in the manual from Steam, but maybe you can see it from the game. Sorry, I don't have Stronghold 3 on this computer, it's too old for that game. I could see it later on the other computer if you don't figure it out, but I believe you'll get it. :) Try to find keyboard commands from within the game. :)

EDIT: Ah, it's great thing when you post something online to help others, but in the that very same thing helps me as well... :D According that kind sir ALT+F is the command I was speaking about. :)

http://forums.stronghold-nation.com/post/3057/#p3057

By the way, Chris, you haven't updates this article. :D

http://www.stronghold-nation.com/article/136-keyboard-shortcuts

It appears that you were busy and you forgot. Also, there is another thing I mentioned there:

CTRL+mouse wheel scroll - that rotates building for 45 degrees. :)

Edited by EaglePrince

Before i forget: good luck for your Exam :

What is it about?

Thanks for the tip with the Kamera ;)

Ill try ;)

I have posted some stronghold 2 timelapse mapping Videos on YouTube, look at the gate of the castle;):

Timelapse of chapter 11 of my stronghold 2 campaign the Alliance.

Tokamaps :)

You could help me with the Binoms ^^

Edit: Edit:

This is a joke, i understand how those work.

Edited by Tokamaps

There are still no entries yet and the contest closes tonight! Remember that you have to paste the link of your image into this thread as well as upload it!

Useful Articles

Thanks for reminding us, I almost forgot. :) I will try to make an entry today, just don't close it until tomorrow morning, or late this evening, or before I make my entry. :D I really like this challenge, it reminds me of the one we had earlier with siege in Crusader, only this one can look greater!

By the way, I plan to do this on a free build map by setting invasions. :)

EDIT: Oh, and I can do even better, there is an map from Vetka which I really like. In fact, I have at least to of them. :) And off topic, it would be great if he came here to Stronghold Nation at least to see what's up and say hi. :(

Edited by EaglePrince

What isn't working? Did you follow all the steps in this tutorial: http://www.stronghold-nation.com/article/195-unarchiving-stronghold-3-files

Useful Articles

I'm not sure why, what antivirus do you have? But yes, you're both right - it's not needed for this challenge.

Useful Articles

Unfortunately, yes, it is too late. :(

Useful Articles

I totally forgot about this unfortunately :/?anyway to get email notifications? haha

"A wolf does not concern himself with opinions of sheep"

Cool!

I knew you can subscribe to cerrtain threads, but I did not know that you can subscribe to a whole forum section.

Oh, and Fail Session, cute mask :P