Lord Stronghold

My Scenario: Battle of Amselfeld

amselfeld_schlacht.jpg

I work on a new Invasion Mission that called "Battle of Amselfeld". That is a historical Mission with own Videos and Sounds, and will be hard. You play Serbia and fight against the Ottoman Empire. I hope, you will have a good Game with this Scenario.

This sounds very interesting! I'll be watching the progress of this closely. :)

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

Lazar Hrebeljanovi? Tsar of Serba

220px-Knezlazar.jpg

VS

Murads I

Murad_I.jpg

Here are Pictars from the Mission:

Pri?tina, the Castle that you must defend against the Osman.

serbiae0yec.png

serbia33kkiq.png

The Battle of Kosovo was a great moment for the Serbian History. It was a Battle for the rule of Balkan, because the Byzantine Empires has fallen. In my Szenario attacks Sultan "Murad I" a littel Castle. Your have a small Trupp and no Knights, and the Crusaders from the Pope are the slight hope to survive the Osmanian Attacks. But by Nikopol the Crusaders are impacted. The courage from the man are only that, what you have. Defend your Castle!

Edited by Lord Stronghold

This is a great idea, I'm glad to see a scenario like this being made. :)

Still, I would have some corrections, and which would help you make a historically more accurate story.

One thing is that we were defending no city in the Battle of Kosovo (which is in German called Schlacht auf dem Amselfeld). That is where we met Ottoman army led by sultan Murat which wanted to make Serbia their vassal. Another unfortunate fact is that we lost that battle :( , but one thing we managed to do was killing their Sultan. Maybe that could be used in a scenario, though it would be more easily made in Stronghold 2 I guess... :)

Perhaps that is the only achievement we made there, although it is the most important battle in our folklore. This is a battle in which we stood up against way more powerful enemy, we tried to resist, but we failed, and we Balkan was ruled by Ottomans for five centuries after that battle. Still, that is not completely true, as Serbia finally fell before Ottomans in year 1454, and it is not true that were were under their rule for 500 years, as, although the First Serbian Uprising (1804-1815) failed, soon after it Serbia did gain its independence.

Back to the map! :) Another thing is that Pristina is a modern city and it was less significant in that time. Maybe naming the city Novo Brdo would be more interesting, it was a mining city, and it was repelling Ottomans attacks effectively. :)

The landscapes look great! :)

Thanks for your Suggestion. Ok, i make another Castle, with Novo Brdo of a Volcano. The Map 300 x 300. I make she to 400 x 400 and add a small Stone Castle.

I don't want to bring you more work. :) And of course, if a castle was made of stone in reality, you can still make it wooden if you like, who would care. :) We cannot make everything 100% historically correct.

Just don't get me wrong, I only wanted to help. :) And you're welcome. :)

I don't want to bring you more work. :) And of course, if a castle was made of stone in reality, you can still make it wooden if you like, who would care. :) We cannot make everything 100% historically correct.

Just don't get me wrong, I only wanted to help. :) And you're welcome. :)

No Problem, Eagle Prince!

That is nor Work for me. I have fun with the Editor. :)

The Suggestion from you, are helpful and brings me new Ideas, that make the Map better.

Here is the Minimap.

minimapmd4qj38bgz.png

This map looks nice :)

I assume Pristina Castle is the one in the middle on the green gras, no?

What is going to be on that big hill in the top left part of the map? An AI castle?

In any case, it looks like a nice map.

Here is a early Version.

novocordovts3w.png

Death of the Sultan Murad

deathofmuradgjsww.png

Have fun with the Map. Sorry that this is in German. My English is good enough for a good Translation.

Make a Copy from the Stronghold.mlb. Then copy the files in your Stronghold Folder. That's it.

Download

Stronghold.zip

In the Stronghold.mbl (mbl = message library) are new messages and a own Briefing for the Map. So that is a little "Map - Mod" like Stronghold Lotr.