EaglePrince

Stronghold 2, Tuesday, March 15, 2016.

Hopefully, somebody else could join us as well. :)

March 15, 2016; 20:00 (Central European timezone, Belgrade, Berlin)

• Game: Stronghold 2
  • Version: 1.4.1
  • Map: Dolina Odmetnika by Tokamaps
  • Known participants:
    -EaglePrince
    -Nige
    -Tokamaps

Edited by EaglePrince

Not going to get in until late today, so I'm not going to be able to join :(

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

Thanks for the offer, but I'd rather not slow you all down - I'll try and play another time soon.

Useful Articles

I am open to start either at 20:00 or 21:00 CET (= 19:00 or 20:00 UK time).

I will just make sure I will be on Steam and Gameranger from 20:00 CET onward and see what happens :)

So in the end only Nigel and I played 1v1 game. It was interesting. Even though Nigel started badly we managed to compensate it somehow - I bought an estate close to him, so he could get it, and use it to develop faster. I had stronger economy in the end, so I just left my defensive troops in my castle, while I took those offensive troops and sent them upon Nigel's walls. He managed to survive the first attack with 50-60 swordsmen and about ten of my knights. Later after that I trained more knights, and I after fighting with his troops on the wall and inside his castle my knights managed to kill his lord. He was resisting very well, though I have feeling that in this game we both enjoyed not just the fighting part, but also the part in which we were developing our economies and building out defenses, and expending out territories too. :)

Unfortunately we didn't make it to play with Tokamaps. I am sorry about that, we were trying to find a good map for us to play, though the first idea was to play Dolina Odmetnika. Tokamaps had other suggestions, he also tried editing one of his maps, but sadly it just took us too much time and in the end Tokamaps didn't stay with us to play, as he has an exam tomorrow. I am sure it would be even more fun with Tokamaps. I should also add, it's not that we only spent time on choosing a map, we also spent some more time because during all those trying something seemed to messed up with my game. As a temporarily solution Nigel and I later player one of the Firefly's maps. After that I tried moving those maps from the folder, and then it worked well. In fact, I also tried that before the game with Nigel, but I mistakenly did that with maps for Stronghold 1, as I was in hurry. :( Maybe it was something about maps, maybe it was something about the cache, we don't know, but it worked later...

Tokamaps, I am sorry we didn't make it to play all together. I am looking forward for out next opportunity to play, but we need to take care of one thing. :) We need to deal what map to play before the game starts - while we make the event, here in this tread. This way we can save our time, it would be perfect if we were able to play those two hours instead of looking for maps and solving problems we could have dealt with before. :)

I'd gladly play any of your maps, only those things need to get ready before we want to start the game. There can always be some unexpected issues, but if we plan everything else on time, then those issues would hopefully be solved sooner, and we would have more time to play. :)

Don't get me wrong, I just want to say that we all needed to be better organized, and that will be the case in future - just like when we played the previous game. :) We knew what map we want to play, we noticed later that the game was crashing for some reason, then you remembered that it was about a mod you installed, and even with some time spent on this we had enough time for a glorious war. :)

Sorry, I never saw the email until it was too late :(

Useful Articles

No problem about that. :) By the way, maybe we could see when to make another gaming event? For Nigel it is better if we could play on working days, for me and Tokamaps weekends and working days work fine, so we can see if we could play on a working day. 21:00 is also a time that may fit all of us. When would you be able to play? :)

It was a good game, Eagle Prince.

My rusty army certainly was no match for your knights, but I am quite proud of myself, that I managed to beat off your first assault.

Tokamaps, you sent us some really interesting maps. We should play them sometime - especially the scenario one.

Now I will be really busy until after Easter, but if you guys want to go ahead with a game, please do. I should get back into the saddle towards end of March, early April. :)

I wouldn't think for a week or so yet, I'll try to let you know when I can play nearer the time.

Useful Articles