Strife

Cognizant

New Stronghold 1 Project: Cognizant: The Siege of Baille

Made with version 1.2

Kcuynrl.png

Starting Units:

3x39 ?knight9_zps7da3dc0c.png~original? ? ?4x52 ?swordsman24_zps712a81e1.png~original

2x39?crossbowman30_zps865166d6.png~original? ? ?1x27?8aVZrL8.png

Starting Gold:

3000?b2zTHhJ.png

Objectives:

- Kill the enemy lord

No Siege Towers may be built.

Testing has been completed with a unit loss average of 89%, no shields, no cheating rams. If anyone else wants to test it, feel free to mention it. I tried playing it as if I didn't know what was going on, but I instinctively reacted in the way that it should be played.

Currently working on landscape. Like Nescient, this is an on-and-off project, so I won't be expending a lot of time on making this map.

I will not be posting pictures of the enemy castle until I am almost finished with everything.

Edited by Strife

Hey, this sounds like a good idea! I don't think I'll have the time to play-test, but I will watch its progress very carefully. It sounds most intriguing!

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

Click the image for the full size.

yH24ZIT.jpg?1

So I lied about the not showing you guys pictures until everything is almost finished, and decided to just show you guys what I've got so far. There's still a lot left to do. Primarily landscaping. And I just don't wanna do it. I'm debating whether or not I want to add snow, especially on the Himalaya cliffs, because that's one of the biggest hassles to make.

EaglePrince has been playtesting the map for me, which I am thankful for, because he had already found a major flaw in the castle structure that I intend to fix, depending on how his results are without exploiting it.

Fun fact: If you turn a .sav file directly into a .map file and open it in the map editor, all "invisible" enemy traps will visually disappear while physically retain their location.

So if anyone remembers, this was one of the maps I put up for anyone to finish from Stronghold Heaven?almost two years ago. (Oh hey, look. Sanctuary was another one)

1g6iau.pngJEe6YZK.png

It has been a very long time since I was able to put a hover-over text for an image. Just think, if this forum used HTML formatting, this would be the kind of important information you'd see in my posts.

OKBSpS0.png

Edited by Strife

This looks like a fantastic castle, Strife.

I look forward to laying siege to it.

By the way, can it be easily converted into a multiplayer map to play the siege against a human opponent? It looks like it could :)

Thanks, Nigel

I can probably make it a 2 or 3 against 1, where the allied players can form a sort of megalopolis out of their starting positions, but would have to change the landscape some more so that the guy in the castle can't just focus all of his units onto the gates. I've never made multiplayer maps before, so I wouldn't know whether or not it would be a fun or fair play.