Lord_Chris

Signature of the month - August 2014

Last month, the winners were myself and Charles of Tours for our "Coat of Arms / Crest / or other decorative Heraldry" themed contest.

We have deliberated upon the following theme:

Stronghold Crusader or Stronghold Crusader 2 related

We have chosen to clarify with the following:

You may do any of the following:

1. Take a screenshot of a castle design in SHC
  2. Take a screenshot of a battle or other climactic event in an SHC game
  3. Design the face (and name) for a possible new AI in SHC2
  4. Design a new unit that may appear in the game

Oh, and if you are considering joining in, it wouldn't hurt to drop in a note so I hurry along those "last minute" sort of people! :)

The contest will run until the 20th of August, and after this date the voting will begin. But do remember... the longer you have your signature posted, the more people will notice it!

Basic Rules: http://forums.stronghold-nation.com/topic/94-announcing-signature-of-the-month/

** Voting **

@Lord_Chris

sotm4.png

@EaglePrince

signature001.png

Edited by Lord_Chris

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

I will join in, only I will see what exactly shall I do. :) I'm a gonna post a screenshot of my castle, or perhaps something else. I was thinking about creating shields for Stronghold Crusader inspired by shields that will be in Stronghold Crusader 2. Does anyone have pictures of those shields that should be included there?

Also, I came to an idea how to make my shields better, and to look almost like the ones originally created by FireFly. Using this method I have created a new shield for myself, and I think it looks good. This is how it looks right now, although I am considering to recreate it, and to put there a different sword... I'll see about that.

eagleshield.jpg

I was creating those shields before, but with this method I achieve the face to look more like it has smooth edges... I've always struggled with that problem.

This is my edited face. You shall see it in our next battle! :)

face.png

I have moved the sword a little, and changed the color of steel to brighter colors, and some other stuff... I think it's satisfying now. :) This time I am posting it with red background, as sword hilt is more visible this way.

I'm applying for the contest! This is the signature I proudly present!

signature001.png

It is a knight leaving my castle on his way to help others to protect the villagers outside the castle.

EDIT:

New version:

signature1001.png
Edited by EaglePrince

That is one very good signature - the best of luck. I'll try and enter shortly too.

Useful Articles

Thanks, Chris! All resources I used for this were taking from Stronghold Crusader - the knight and the castle are from Crusader, and the background is edited heading at "Greatest Lord" screen which opens after winning a crusader game. I was considering making screenshot from Stronghold 2 as well, but since I am more dedicated to Crusader, I decided to do it this way.

My entry:

sotm4.png

Useful Articles

Thank you! I must say, I think I'm finally starting to get the hang of this now :)

My attempts have been getting better and better, and personally, I think this is my best yet.

Useful Articles

Voting has started - see first post

Useful Articles

I like both sigs, but I voted for Lord Chris, only because it seems more alive with the fire and war action.

EaglePrince your sig is really good and the smaller size looks even better, but it lacks in action, so Chris got you on this one!

I hope you guys understand what I'm trying to say!

I do understand, my signature shows knight leaving the castle, while Chrises one shows an actual fight - we can see a lot there! There are some troops fighting, some are fallen, and also that fire which makes everything to look even better.

Last chance to vote everyone! The voting ends today.

Useful Articles

And, there is no winner because we've both got the same amount of votes! However, since I won last month, @EaglePrince can have the win this time. Congrats! Feel free to shoot me a PM with your theme for next month, and you now have the glory of having the shiny user bar in your signature. :)

Useful Articles

Congratulations Chris for last months win and congratulation Eagle for this win :)

Both signatures were great. I just like the fact that Eagle's is simpler but still has a nice scenario. Although I do like the fiery battle in Chris's signature!

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."