Tokamaps

New stronghold 2 Multiplayer Experience

I have created a new Map Type in Stronghold 2.

Its about 2, or more players fighting for dominance of just village Flags.

Those flags will grant the owner 10 gold per month.? everyone jhust has a keep, and no lord, so it enough to conquer your opponents keeps. everyone has access to granary, Market, mercenery Post, Baracks and Treasury through hotkeys.

everyone will get honur through hidden staues and Jousting grounds and gold trough taxes.

you can recruit soldier by using the hotkey "b" for the barracks and "n" for the Mercenry Post.

"m" for Market "t" for treasury and "g" for granary.

Now there will be following some screenshots of the map + ga,eplay (Importnt note: i played aggainst the ai of sir William)

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-BpHaLcSUVPU/V50ol9sRo9I/AAAAAAAABAs/x7a_6-ineMwoNJXiB6Asc3lbQ2XKCXCygCL0B/w1561-h878-no/Stronghold2%2B2016-07-31%2B00-18-52-10.png

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-SVosJgykBJ4/V50owObhiZI/AAAAAAAABA0/k2CVmUeeJ2sl0kQ8hz00lpp5IbLTrQphwCL0B/w1561-h878-no/Stronghold2%2B2016-07-31%2B00-18-48-54.png

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-0yTb-iYuB6M/V50o6ZQl4BI/AAAAAAAABA0/9OHJVJ-v4OkIY0e6RB0ko67V6v6ciuyLQCL0B/w1561-h878-no/Stronghold2%2B2016-07-31%2B00-18-58-76.png

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-_Kh0cMGVp8k/V50pG5OnDlI/AAAAAAAABA8/8v3vPWBZHoo56XomI4LrAvq8KCIrcaIzACL0B/w1561-h878-no/Stronghold2%2B2016-07-31%2B00-19-01-17.png

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-rNMNVRXrgy0/V50pUSdifII/AAAAAAAABBE/ccKTkg4On2ES_-Fs5-fKoSK5tAaneRAPQCL0B/w1561-h878-no/Stronghold2%2B2016-07-31%2B00-19-38-88.png

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-EHxYe1RwZdM/V50pi7XujkI/AAAAAAAABBE/97F6QH9lNf8CIT-WydLw-wdgF4SwBdAMwCL0B/w1561-h878-no/Stronghold2%2B2016-07-31%2B00-19-58-45.png

this is it for now. i will attach the map to this thread :)

i hope this will be seen.

Edit : i'm really sorry for the pics just being links. please tell me, if you can view those without troubles.

stronghold 2 colloseum.zip

Edited by Tokamaps

Although I am strickly a Landscaper (if you'be seen some of my SH 1 & SHC 1 Maps), I do understand the "mechanics" of Multiplayer.

I really like your idea of using Flags (captured or taken) in exchange for Gold resources. It forces one to chose either the immediate building of a military force or an economy in a funner way.

Good use of landscaping in a "small area". IF I was an avid Multiplayer, I would definately play your map!

Keep them coming and please submit them to The Downloads Section. Other Members will want to give them a try!

Edited by Crusader1307

This sounds very interesting, Tokamaps.

If I understand it correctly, it is not only a simple "capture the flag" style of MP game, but also, you managed to make it so, that the players get the wooden keep only, and dont need to build castle structures, but are just fighting for the flags with their armies?

An interesting concept. I would like to try it out some day with you guys.

Wow, this is great! I usually don't like Colosseum type of maps, but this is great. Would that be possible to make a large map like this? I fear it is not, but even it is not the case - it works great, and I believe it could work well with up to four players. Plus, you made it with awesome landscape!

Maybe some more stuff could be done, such as being able to produce weapons in villages or something like that. I believe that on this type of map in the end we will all turn to mercenary units mostly. Of course, I would love to play games like this even this way, it seams awesome!

It is possible to have four players, but no more.

A large map would work aswell.

Then storage buildings would be reachable.

We would need to fortify those and dont give the ability on Siege kits.

I do not think, that Siege equipment would be Balanced.

But im open for suggestions.

That is great to hear! Those buildings could be put in some corners, and you could make them look like small villages in forest or something like that.

Regarding siege equipment, I believe that we share the opinion that this type of map is better without them. You could make some small fortifications if it is possible to train laddermen, and then they would be the only unit which could help us in conquering a castle estate.

This is a great idea! It would be great if you could upload them to the downloads section so we could "officially" put them on display. :)

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

I tried it today in single player.

Landscape looks great :) But with the file in the attachment I found that I could not move my troops without placing my stockpile.

And I could not place my stockpile as there was no room in the estate.

When I edited the map and placed a stockpile next to the keep in the map editor, it all worked as intended.

So maybe I missed something, or you may want to add stockpiles next to all the keeps on the map.

But yea, other than that it is a cood idea and I would love to give it a go in MP.

Glad you were able to try this in multiplayer.

As it happens, I will have some time to play on this weekend. So if you guys are interested, we could have a go at it on Saturday afternoon or on Sunday.

Great ! :D

I will open a new thread, so that we don't derail this thread with lots of posts about making time arrangements.

Hopefully Tokamaps and some other players can join, too.

Edited by Nigel

It isnt hard to create a basic 4 Player collosseum with just the Basic things.

It wont be desinged.

If You guys are ok with that.

I'm not sure if I understood your message correctly. I'm not sure if you are going to make a four player Colosseum map or not.:-) But yeah, if it's going to be only Nigel and me, then we wouldn't need a four player map right now. Unless you would like to join us as well!

And of course, from what I've seen, even your "quick maps" look great.:-)