Lord_Chris

Short Update

I've been recently working on the site to update it in the past couple of weeks and I thought I'd share some of the updates with you to keep you from guessing from what is going on.

As many of you will now know, our forum uses a reputation system, and you can give reputation to a user by clicking the green button at the end of their post, giving them one rep point. You can remove one rep point by clicking the red button. We encourage you to use the reputation system on posts that are helpful to you, or that help other users, generally, helpful posts as a means of acknowledgement to the user that their post was helpful. Recently, I have updated this, and page loading should have significantly increased when viewing other users reputation (both given and received) and while viewing threads. This also uses AJAX now, as such, this means you don't need to refresh the page when giving reputation.

This brings me on to another area:

Page Loading:

I have been working hard to make sure that pages load in the minimum amount of time possible, you should be able to see a large difference when viewing threads, the forum index (and also your profile). - but most of all, the main site's homepage The same goes for our download central. I have recently added several new features and intend to incorporate more. For example, the latest file in each download section is displayed on the downloads index, and I recommend you clearing your browser cache before using the downloads system again due to the fact several URLs have changed and you may receive 404 errors. I also intend to add a statistics page where you can view statistics about the entire download central. Currently, we have had over 3, 700 downloads in total!

Emails: Emails are now sent (some, I'm working on the rest) in nice HTML instead of plain white for reply notifications for threads and I'm working on the PM now.

Warnings:

A new warning system has been installed. You can view the warning types here: http://forums.stronghold-nation.com/warnings/

Let me know what you all think!

Thanks.

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• Status Update (Saving Private Charles)

Hi folks! I thought I'd let you know that I'm still alive and well. Unfortunately I haven't been able to visit the site as much as I'd like, since I've been very busy.   If you're wandering what I've been up to, I am now in my second year of university. I am majoring in both computer science and mathematics, so I have 5 hours of (nearly) back to back classes during the week. On weekends I do homework and keep up with errands.   Still, I am going to try to make a conscientious effort to visit Str

in The Open Castle Inn

• New Community Liaison - and forum update!

Please give a big congratulations to our latest team member and new Community Liaison, @Mathew Steel! Matthew has been a long standing forum member and has worked incredibly hard over the last few years helping us on the site. He's contributed some fantastic articles, downloads and is always a great addition to any discussions on the forum. I'd like to be the first to congratulate his fantastic contributions - thank you Matthew, and well done!! We look forward to working with you. :)   On anothe

in The Town Crier

• A small update to articles

Hi everyone,   I thought I'd share a quick update with you all that I've just performed to our article system. Before you had to scroll all the way to the end of an article in order to rate it. I've changed this now so that it's the same as the system for rating downloads. Simply hover over the existing stars at the top of the article, and select which rating you would like to give the article.   I'd also like to share several new files with you all that have been uploaded by @jmatthes- they are

in The Town Crier

• Possible Short Film

I've been debating with myself on the idea of a Stronghold Crusader II short film and through experimenting with recording, I'd say it's possible. However I would like it to have dialogue, this is where you come in.   My idea is to get a few volunteers to be voice actors for this short film. You must be able to record your voice and send a file of your voice recording. If you wish to participate (and if I get enough volunteers) I will send a private message with more information. I will provide

in The Open Castle Inn

• unable to update my heading post and to post link

Hi, I have tried to update the heading post of my Stronghold Crusader faces and crests tread, but I failed. I also tried to add the new face in a new post, but I was unable to post links as well... (the image file was linked to bmp which is located at Slavic Warlords website)   Is this something new, or there is just some maintenance going on?

in Site Questions and Support