EaglePrince

Stronghold Legends: Steam Edition

Good new, everyone! Firefly has announced today that they will release Stronghold Legends: Steam Edition. I hope Stronghold 2: Steam Edition is the next thing from Firefly, and if that is going to be the case, I'm going to be like shut up and take my money. :)

Lead the siege as fantasy characters throughout history! Stronghold Legends: Steam Edition takes the beloved castle building series and plunges it into myth and legend. Play as King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table, Count Vlad Dracul or relive the heroic saga of the mighty Siegfried of Germany in twenty four story missions. The single player experience is divided across three unique campaigns. After completing the three beginner missions players can choose between King Arthur, Siegfried and Vlad Dracul campaigns. Each brings with it a new environment, special units and difficulty. With huge battles and a focus on fast-paced RTS combat, Stronghold Legend: Steam Edition also features cooperative multiplayer against computer-controlled opponents and four multiplayer game modes. Launch werewolves into enemy castles via catapult, incinerate troops with dragon fire and obliterate enemy defences using the power of the Knights of the Round Table with up to four players. This new Steam version also includes enhanced graphics, bonus campaigns, exclusive maps, trading cards and Steam multiplayer.

There was another video by them as well.

I haven't watched it, but in this video it seems that they confirmed there will be Stronghold 2 Steam Edition as well, but it will come late this year, or some time later.

I hope they will add at least of the features we were asking for. :)

I hope that they do, this is a great achievement. I already have Stronghold Legends though, so I see little point in me getting it. I will be very disappointed if they only release the updates on Steam and do not give them to players who already own the game.

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

I am on FireFly's email newsletter and recived a note saying that players, who already own the game, get a free upgrade to the Steam version :)

guys i have a problem, stronghold legend's multiplayer doesn't work anymore, can you help me ?

I am not an expert when it comes to Stronghold Legends, but did you try to play multiplayer with GameRanger? How did you play multiplayer games by now, and how did you try to play it now? Also, do you have Steam version of the game, or a retail (non-Steam) version?

As far as I know, you should be able to play it with GameRanger. :) Plus, if you have a Steam version which I haven't tried yet - Firefly said that they are going to make multiplayer easier with the release of Stronghold Legends: Steam Edition.

Edited by EaglePrince

Ok i'm gonna try with game ranger bro, if i will have more problems i'm gonna ask.

I have one more question, does stronghold legend exist for mac??

Sure, if you have any questions, feel free to ask. ;)

And regarding the mac version of Stronghold Legends, I think that it doesn't exist - at least not officially, but I'm not sure. I know there are mac versions of some Stronghold games, but not about this one. On the other hand, there could be some other way to play this game on mac, I have seem some stuff like that on internet, but I don't know anything about it. I don't know even if that is safe, if one would have good performance, nor if it is actually possible.

I don't believe there is a version of Stronghold Legends on Mac. In regards to multiplayer, Stronghold Legends multiplayer is now managed through Game Ranger.

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

I haven't been able to play Stronghold Legends Steam Edition since its release, although I did find a little bit time to have a look into the game after I got the update. The only difference I noticed were those Steam related stuff - achievements, Steam multiplayer, etc... Is there anything else?