savage101

Is there a New war Trail in the works for this?

Hi guys,

?

?? I found this Mod by Teutonen Ritter A few days ago and Its excellent. I was just curious if anyone knows how to add a? new war trail to the mod? I looked at the files and tried to figure how to get it back in but I came up short. I think it would be cool to make new missions for the trail that fit the mod. I asked the same question over at stronghold heaven and "Eagleprince" said I should ask over here.

Edited by savage101

Hi, Savage101. Welcome to Stronghold Nation.

I have send a personal message to Teutonen Ritter (aka Lord Stronghold) regarding this question. If he finds some time, he will try to answer your question. You can subscribe to this tread, so you could receive an email notification when he answers by clicking Subscribe to this topic link at the bottom of the tread.

Thanks for the EMail, Eagle Prince. :)

# savage101

Sorry, i can't make a own war trail. That is hard coded by the Game, so that you can make own Maps for the Traill, but not placed own AI Characters of the Map.

Edited by Lord Stronghold

You're welcome. :)

Also, I would like to add that, I believe one could make a scenario in which the player would play a skirmish game which you set previously. Just make a map (or use an already existing map), start a game, and save the game. Then change the extension from .sav to .map, and this should work as a custom scenario now. I'm not entirely sure, but I believe I didn't miss anything. That could be one possible workaround.

Thanks for info guys. I feared it was all pretty much hard coded. I'm going to mess around with it anyways and see if can't change the 1st mission "arrival" with a new map and maybe make omer's castle harder with a new AIV. If it turns out to be any good I'll share it.

Well, maybe you could also try to see what happens if you just change that original map with another one. Maybe you could do something that way, though even like that you would still have a fight against Sultan Abdul with the same settings as in the original mission. Maybe it won't work, I don't know, but I should say that it may mess up the original Crusader Trail.

Looking forward to see what you're about to do. :)

?After messing around with it, I found it's possible to change the trail.? The opponents are indeed hard coded like we talked about though. No way around that sadly. That said, you can change the map to whatever one would like. Also with the AIV editor I guess one could make anything interesting.? I used the 1st mission "Arrival" as a test. As long as you name any map the same as the one used in the title for the trail mission This works. "a new land" is the map used in Arrival. Once you change the name of your map to "A new land" you then put it in the "EUma" folder that comes with medieval England? then your done. Any map will do. I used the out of the box France map that came with medieval England in this case.

?Its interesting but I'm not sure how much time I have to invest in such a project alone. Plus considering the fact that you can't add or change the AI opponents it may be best to just enjoy the skirmish mode and forget about it.

I agree, it's indeed interesting. I should suggest that you can use some of user-made maps. Check out this section from SHN Downloads Central. You have my "permission" to use my maps, and what is more - I would be pleased if you did. And yes, I agree, that could require a lot of work. Right now I'm pretty busy, but I would be willing to help as much as I can - through play-testing and suggestions.

?Its worth further study I think. I'm sort of a newbie on the subject. From what I've read on the modding boards tampering with the old war trails for crusader is new more or less. Your maps are aces in my book. If I choose to dig into this I will for sure use them.