MantasX12

Stronghold HD lag

Hello everyone,?

I have a problem with stronghold HD (steam). My game is laggy, it runs at 27-40 fps. If that wasn't enough..it gets worse and drops to about 18-19 when buildings are burning. I am sure i can run this game since requirements are so low. System I am using: Amd Athlon 64 x2 4400+, Asus Nvidia GT610 1GB gpu, 3gb ram, Windows 10 64-bit. Tried different nvidia control panel settings, compatibility settings, vsync is disabled, everything on high performance etc. I want to fully enjoy this game, but i can't because scrolling around is very frustrating when fps lowers. My native resolution is 1366x768 and that is how i play stronghold, only 800x600-1024x768 resolutions are smooth to play at, if i go any higher fps gets worse with it. I mean i should be able to get 60-100fps no problem, am i right ? I hope to get some answers. Thanks

Hi. Well, in normal speed, and when everything is perfect, this game runs at 40fps. When you change the speed from 40 to 60, then fps gets 60, and everything moves faster. That's just how changing game speed and fps work in this game. At least that's what I can tell from my experience.

Now, when it comes to scrolling, I'm having similar issue - but only when I try to scroll. The game still runs 40fps, only when I scroll through the map, and doesn't move smoothly. It depends of your screen, or graphics, or whatever, I don't know, but I just made peace with it. That's why I play the game always in 1024x768 resolution. It gets stretched, but I'm used to that, now it's strange for me to play with original proportions. :)

But there are some other resolutions which work well too. 1920x1080 for example, I think it runs great on my laptop, but that's too tiny.

Thanks for quick reply. It seems to me that game engine is the problem here. I guess i will just have to deal with it and who knows maybe wait patiently for 1.4v patch. A lot of people are having issues with 1.3 version of the game as i've noticed.

You're welcome! :)

Still, maybe there is some solution. We can wait for others to say what they think or know about this matter.

As for the version 1.3, which issues are you referring to? I don't think there are some issues particularly with this version, I suppose they are almost all related to some compatibility issues, or something like that. But I think there are cures for them, as people are able to play this game even on the newest version of Windows. Only that it does give us option to play in different resolutions (which we don't have to pick), but that very option doesn't work so smoothly in all resolutions. What is more, apparently not all of us have the same resolutions available on our machines. I have some resolutions available on my desktop PC, while I don't have many of those on my laptop. These resolutions weren't there in 1.1 or 1.2, so 1.3 didn't mess that up - that's what I meant.

But when it comes to version 1.4, I doubt we're about to see something like that.

Edited by EaglePrince

Surprise surprise 1.4 just came out today?:lol:. It itroduces some bug fixes,maps and more resolutions. Sadly it did not fix the framerate for me, i still can't reach 60fps.

It itroduces some bug fixes,maps and more resolutions. Sadly it did not fix the framerate for me, i still can't reach 60fps.

Eagle described the similar system that is in place in Stronghold 2. If the game speed is increased, the FPS cap is also increased. Have you tried playing at the highest speed to see if the FPS reaches 60? Try this in both the highest and lowest resolution, let me know the results!

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

Wow, those are great news, I'm gonna check it this evening! Regarding FPS, I'm 100% sure that with speed 60 FPS would be 60 as well, but that's just too fast. Just forget this FPS thing, Stronghold and Stronghold Crusader simply don't work like that.