Lord_Chris

Stronghold Crusader 2 Release Date Delayed

The release date of stronghold crusader 2 has been delayed by three weeks due to feedback from the closed beta and to add other features to the game.

Today we are announcing that Stronghold Crusader 2 has been delayed by three weeks, with a new release date of September 23rd. We know this makes the wait a little harder, but this is the correct decision for a number of reasons. Having recently concluded our closed beta, which provided us with excellent feedback from the community, we feel there?s a little more we need to do before release. Over the past two years we have said the game is ?ready when it?s ready? and this is the best course of action.

Thankfully the decision of when to release Stronghold Crusader 2 has always been in our hands, along with what features and community suggestions to include in the game. As an independent developer self-publishing Stronghold Crusader 2, we are privileged to have fans who show understanding when things like this happen. We are a small team working on Crusader 2 and to have a community of players who understand that and encourage us to take our time results in better games.

We set out to make the strongest possible sequel to Crusader, something we can be proud of that lives up to the legacy of the original. By holding back the launch we can invest time and money for extra polish, optimisation and bug fixes, delivering the game that we all want to play.

Thank you for your patience, we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Rest assured this delay will mean a better Stronghold game on September 23rd and one that lives up to expectations.

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

I'm devastated, on the bright side, it will make it a better game, plus it's released on my birthday :D

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

It is slightly disappointing since they've told us all this time it will be in Summer, but it will be a better game - we can rest assured it's the best decision and won't turn out like SH3.

plus it's released on my birthday

Happy birthday for then, then!

Nice coincidence. That really will be an excellent birthday for you. :)

Useful Articles

Better be better than SH3. Stronghold 3 wasn't a bad game, but from what they promised, it was rubbish.

I'm pretty sure it will be - they've had the time to develop it, and unlike SH3, they weren't rushed into releasing it by the press because they are self-publishing it.

There are some things better about SH3 (such as the graphics and the fact you can rotate buildings so they don't have to be placed in squares), but there are also lots of bad.

For example, the editor in SH3 is always crashing and is very hidden. The free build mode is ok, but it isn't as good as the one in CivCity Rome and it can get a bit monotonous after a while. It's not like SH2, SHL, SHC where you can constantly replay them, but you can occasionally play it.

Useful Articles

That's true. For me SH2 is my favourite mainly because of the building availability. Something that ruined SH3 was the building cap. And troop cap was too low!

I like SH2 the best because of several things, such as the way the map editor is so easy to create maps in and the triggers/events are very easy to add. I think it's the fact it's so easy to modify that makes me like it so much, and the fact it's relatively easy to do well in it. I like the new additions to that game as well and the resource limits - the only thing I don't really like is the saw pits - I much prefer the wood camps out of Legends.

This is a complete contrast to the SH3 editor, which is a nightmare - I've never really been able to get anything done in that - though in all fairness, I haven't really properly ever played SH3. The people who can get things done in that editor are just geniuses.

Edited by Lord_Chris

Useful Articles

True, I love the map editor in SH2, the one in SH3 has ruined my map building experience and I haven't created 1 map on SH3.

Never have I played Legends as the mystical magic theme doesn't appeal to me.

While talking about maps, I'm working on a side map to the war scenario. It's just a kingmaker map but it's a bit of fun, so when I get stressed with scripting and shouting at my laptop, I have a break and do that :D

@Lord Vetka is the only person I know of to have successfully created a SH3 map, it's in our downloads section here

It's just a kingmaker map but it's a bit of fun

Kingmakers are probably my favourite maps, but in multiplayer they're better - AI are so predictable and easy, it would be better if they were more unpredictable

so when I get stressed with scripting and shouting at my laptop, I have a break and do that

If you get stressed with the SH2 editor, try doing some PHP - that really is stressful! :S

Useful Articles