Mathew Steel

Anti-Aliasing in SH2

I don't know if anyone else experiences this, however, I've tried numerous things to fix it, and it remains.

Simply, enabling AA in SH2 causes textures to become ridiculously high in brightness, causing a glaring white effect on grass and more noticeably stone. I haven't a clue why it happens, and it really isn't a big issue, as AA doesn't do much in SH2. However, I am curious if it's a global issue. This is on v1.4.1.

On a similar note, using "Bloom" causes quarry stone to become very bright and blinding also.

I feel I should also add that there seems to be an FPS cap on the game of around 36.99/37FPS. No matter what my settings are, that is the maximum I can achieve. My specs are certainly not the reason behind this!?

EDIT?- After more research, I've discovered something quite interesting. Setting the game speed to 90, allowed me to get 60 FPS (As I enable VSync). I imagine that 90 isn't a requirement, I pushed the extreme for the sake of noticeable difference.

Edited by Mathew Steel

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

Interesting. I've never tried Anti-aliasing, is there much difference other than textures? Also what happens if you zoom all the way out compared with zooming all the way in - does anything change with doing that?

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

You know what, this has inspired me to do some proper research into this. I'll make a new thread in the week with all my findings. Screenshots etc. Doubt it'll be useful, but might be interesting at least! :)

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• Sh2 Ai Editor - Utility Fork

Hello all, I have been tinkering lately with the community editor that was developed by Stronghold-Knights members. Needless to say, the site is long defunct. As a hobby project, I have been using the editor so that it can be used to modify Stronghold Legends AI castles. I would like to release the modified files at some point to the community, for which I require written permission. The problem is that there are no contacts in the original files, and HicRic's AOL e-mail address i

in Stronghold Legends

• Sh2 Steam Edition - Economy Mission 4 Broken?

Hello - first time posting here but I've loved stronghold 2 from release till now.  Started playing the steam edition and it looks likes in the economy mission 4 the cart transports don't affect the granary level at all? I've tried different food types but the bar doesn't increase at all after the cart arrives into the granary, no matter how many carts I send. I've verified the files and there's no issue, but I'm honestly not sure what to do beyond this point since it's such a weird

in Stronghold 2

• Sh2 Ai Editor Help (Noob)

Not sure how active this forums is, or if anyone here is able to assist.   Was having fun recently with Stronghold 2, and came across the AI editor.  (Program from this site, to create/edit .aic files for starting castle templates for the various AI personalities in game) I am trying to learn how to use it, but when I open it, it wont maximize.  I am using windows 10, the program seems to be opening and running fine, I just cant see it in its entirety. To be 100% clear on the dire

in Stronghold 2

• Transfering things from SHL to SH2

Hi there! New to the forum, I asked this same question in SH2 Heaven and I was redirected here to see if someone could help me. Its just a quick modding question. I own both SH2 and SHL and I was wondering if it was possible to replace the model of the Lady (the one that appears when you build the Ladies Chamber) in SH2 with the model of the Ice Queen from SHL? Its a random question I know but I have tried already myself and all that happened is that the Lady became invisible when I replaced her

in Stronghold 2

• An Hour of Digging Through SH2 Files & Folders

Before I start, I'd like to point out that many of what I am about to list are likely to have been discovered before. I am simply posting my own discoveries, in hope that perhaps not all of you have seen them! I should note, this is all discovered by using Stronghold 2 - v1.4.1 (The most recent patch).     The "readme" file: The first easy-to-find file I found, was the "readme" file located in the default SH2 directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Firefly Studios\Stronghold 2). The file contains info

in Stronghold 2