Lord_Chris

New Community Liaison - and forum update!

Please give a big congratulations to our latest team member and new Community Liaison, @Mathew Steel! Matthew has been a long standing forum member and has worked incredibly hard over the last few years helping us on the site. He's contributed some fantastic articles, downloads and is always a great addition to any discussions on the forum. I'd like to be the first to congratulate his fantastic contributions - thank you Matthew, and well done!! We look forward to working with you. :)

On another note I've updated the forum to the latest version. This has not been officially released yet, though it is a stable release. I've tried to test everything I can and everything appears to work, but as usual if there are any issues just let me know. A couple of changes in this version:

• There are now three languages available: German, English (UK) and Persian. Othern than English the others are Beta Language Packs so if you experience any problems please do let me know.
  • New password requirements are now in force: changing your password from any point now on requires you to have at least 6 characters, including 1 uppercase character and 1 digit

Other than this, everything is the same. Thanks everyone!

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

Congratulations, Mathew! You deserved this!

By the way, regarding the forum updates. Could we try to find some more templates for Stronghold Nation? Pantherone would be great with edited colors, but it has been acting bad lately, so even changing its colors wouldn't be worth it. Some stuff are simply misplaced. What exactly are these forums? In the bottom it says Powered by Panther, but when I click on Panther, it leads me to no where. Even google searching for Panther forums doesn't give me any results. I'm asking this again because I would still like to have a mobile friendly template for the forums. There are ways to force it into one column, but still - having the template adoptable to screen width would be more preferable.

Another thing would be - can we help translate these forums into our languages? Such as Serbo-Croatian, or Serbian? And does this depend of us here on this forum in particular, or it depends of those who provide us the template?

And lastly, what you say about making a gaming event - we could play whatever game we want? Stronghold 2, Stronghold Crusader? You name it. :)

Thank you, both! I really appreciate it. Hopefully I can continue to impress :D?

?

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

Sorry I missed this Young Knight, but I was,"sleeping" (Yes, I do that on occasion.....lol).

Well deserved and earned, Matthew. Your insight into Social issues show that perhaps there is hope for the future. Congrats again!

Thank you, Crusader! Very kind words. I hope you enjoyed your uncommon sleep :P

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

By the way, regarding the forum updates. Could we try to find some more templates for Stronghold Nation? Pantherone would be great with edited colors, but it has been acting bad lately, so even changing its colors wouldn't be worth it. Some stuff are simply misplaced.

At the moment only these two styles exist. I don't have the technical knowledge to be able to create the styles myself so I rely on the styling manager over there to do it for us. Pantherone hasn't been updated in a while, which is why it's probably buggy. I could give you the templates and let you create your own theme if you like - not that I'm trying to offload work onto you - but you might be able to better build a theme than me with the HTML/CSS knowledge you have that perfectly fits all your requirements?

What exactly are these forums? In the bottom it says Powered by Panther, but when I click on Panther, it leads me to no where. Even google searching for Panther forums doesn't give me any results.

The panther site is down at the moment, we're working on trying to get it back up which hopefully shouldn't be much longer. That's why this was upgraded first ;)

Another thing would be - can we help translate these forums into our languages? Such as Serbo-Croatian, or Serbian? And does this depend of us here on this forum in particular, or it depends of those who provide us the template?

You most certainly can :)

It's really easy to do, and it's not just specific to this forum - it would then work on any forum as the language packs are the same. PM me if you're interested in finding out a bit more about creating a Serbian language pack or would like to do your own style.

And lastly, what you say about making a gaming event - we could play whatever game we want? Stronghold 2, Stronghold Crusader? You name it. :)

I think a Gaming Event would be a great idea! I'd love a game of Stronghold 2 again at some point - perhaps we could even specially create a map for it?

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

Congratulations Mathew !

To be honest, I don't know what the duties of a Community Liason involve, but a promotion is certainly well deserved.

The new coat suits you :)

I think a Gaming Event would be a great idea! I'd love a game of Stronghold 2 again at some point - perhaps we could even specially create a map for it?

I'm fine with Stronghold 2, that sounds good! Only I wouldn't have the time to make a map, but if somebody can do it, I'm for it.

I'm fine with Stronghold 2, that sounds good! Only I wouldn't have the time to make a map, but if somebody can do it, I'm for it.

Hm, today is a national holiday so I won't be getting much done in the way of errands ... I'll see if I can whip up something cool!

Mqb938i.png

Do you crave a life of adventure? Check out our Adventures in the Duchy of Riverborne and apply here to join the action!