Sir DavidSpy

Introduction thread

Welcome, Wynnette!

Hi folks - apologies for a long absence - incredibly hectic with the teacher training, but I will have some respite over Spring Break ('Woo!' Obvs.), so hope to spend a bit of time here before I'm back into it again. Hope everyone is well and happy :)

Lord Chris - I passed on that message so hopefully Frank'll get hold of you soon.

LPtD

'...But be not afraid of jesters; some are born jesters, some achieve jesters and some have jesters thrust upon them'

Ayyyy!!!!! I don't know what to say but hello

I played SHC long time ago and was an old player of SHL maybe even pro or atleast decent. I joined from the old UAES forum. Dopeee

Hopefully I run into old friends from the 7xt, LoD, and UAEs clan. Went by the name Rushboy tho.?

Welcome to The Site, Rushboy. You will find something that will interest you, I guarantee it. We have some very talented players and map makers. Hope to see you on the many Threads.

Hello

So i'm Lurker but i used to go by the name DjReplica or Prosecutor Lurker. I reside in Macedonia, in the capital of Skopje. 21 years old and last year in university, computer science are my studies and my expertise field is computer security.

To be honest about it, i wasn't a big stronghold player, never played any of the isometric games as age of empires and red alert took that pleasure than stronghold. I only tried stronghold legends and used to play it for 4-5 months by myself, tried stronghold 2 very reccently and absolutely loved it, enough that i'm planning to try stronghold crusader 2(Don't worry i've tried stronghold 3 and really hated it, so i'm not interested at all in that game). Other than that i'm a competitive player in lot of rts games, the strongest i've been and yet i'm are in red alert 3, command & conquer 3 kane's wrath, age of empires 2, age of mythology, red alert 2, starcraft 2, and starcrat 1. Currently experimenting with empire earth 1 and 2 and stronghold as of now to see how multiplay and competitive is hanging. Other games i've tried and had some online experience were company of heroes 1 and 2, wargame(all 3 wargames), ruse, worlds of conflict, gray goo and act of aggression.?

Welcome to The Nation, Lurker!

You will find many who actively play and discuss The Stronghold Series of Games and others, here. Smaller that "Stronghold Heaven" obviously, we have a more intimate relationship with Members and Staff that you will not find anywhere else.

Most of your questions will be answered quite fast, as we have many Experts and very talented Map Makers here. I encourage you to visit often and participate as often as you wish in our Threads.

Again, Welcome to Stronghold Nation!

Welcome @Lurker to StrongholdNation! I hope you have a fantastic time here, and thank you for joining us. :)

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

Welcome to all of you! I'm sure you'll find yourselves welcomed very nicely :)?

Edited by Mathew Steel

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

Welcome! Happy to see another fellow Yugoslav joining our company! ;)

You may also want to try Stronghold (1) and Stronghold Crusader (1). These two are epic games! Unless you've tried to play those as well? It is not clear to me from your message.

Oh, and you have another Empire Earth player over here! SHC and EE1 are the games of my childhood! And when we only look at the gameplay, most of those new games are complete garbage compared to those two. They were just improving graphics, while the gameplay has been becoming more or less worse and worse.

Hi there all you Stronghold Nation gamers!

I've been playing Stronghold and Stronghold Crusader (don't really care for the rest of the Stronghold franchise) since their release almost 20 years ago. I've been a user and contributor to the Stronghold Heaven site for several years, but now they can have my f...finger. I submitted a scenario in january this year, and they still can't find the time to publish it (about 8 months have passed). So thought it would be of interest to the users of Stronghold Nation (which I understand will be decided by one or more members of the Stronghold Nation team). Haven't explored the site yet, but I hope I can find a way to submit my scenario (or maybe a friendly member will tell me how to go about it).

Cheers from Korsfarer Mogens!

Welcome to the Nation! We have a growing resource section on Stronghold every day, you will not be disappointed :) Make sure you take the time to drop in on the History Thread by our resident historian [user]crusader1307]- if you like Stronghold, you will love some of the articles that are in there! We really do have some quality content on the site.

I'm sorry to hear you've had such a bad experience with Stronghold Heaven. I'm afraid I personally also had a similar experience with submitting files, which is ironically how I created Stronghold Nation in the first place.

As far as submitting a download goes, I think you have already found it but you can do so here: https://www.stronghold-nation.com/downloads/submit/

Let me know how it goes!

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

Hello all and a big thanks to Chris for helping me reactivate my account - it's been a long time, hope everyone is well :)

I'm on the Firefly Stronghold Discord as Paul (Pandaemonium Miniatures)

These days I am a commission miniatures painter, I am in the final month of my MA in English and I am still doing a bit of tutoring.

Still playing SH games from time to time, I was chatting with Nick T of Firefly on Twitter and he invited me to join the Discord and I thought - been ages since I was on SHN - but had long since forgotten my p/word, so Chris has kindly sorted that out for me :)

Look forward to catching up with the folks I know here and meeting all the new people too!

LPtD

'...But be not afraid of jesters; some are born jesters, some achieve jesters and some have jesters thrust upon them'

Hello everyone. I have already posted a couple of topics here and decided that I should perhaps provide a proper introduction.

I don't participate much in online communities so it is unlikely anyone know me from somewhere else.

I have been a fan of the Stronghold series since the very first release, and kept playing new games up until Stronghold 3. I was quite disappointed with SH3 to be honest, for multiple reasons. My biggest gripe with it is the fact that they supposedly have an official Linux version on Steam, but the Linux version was abandoned long ago and have not received updates. Last time I tried (which was admittedly many years ago), the Linux version of SH3 did not include any DLC or updates. A LOT of content and bugfixes that you get in the Windows version is missing in the Linux version. However, I still love SH2 and Legends and those are the games I keep playing even to this day.

As I already mentioned, I'm an enthusiastic Linux user and a member of the Arch Linux Testing Team. I do some hobby programming now and then and have some projects, I also have a website that I hardly ever do anything with. But it was fun to set it up from scratch, I coded it in Python with the Django framework, and set it all up myself using MariaDB database and Apache webserver. I enjoy doing stuff manually on computers, it's pretty much my hobby.

I intend to try and be a bit active here now and then.

Welcome Young Lord.......

We are certainly glad to have you as a Member of The Site. I've read some of your Postings, and please - visit as much as you wish. I am sure our Webmaster will be interested in your background, to be sure. I am The Site's ''Resident Historian'' (History Section) as well as ''Chief Magician'' in ''Merlin's Mansion''. NOT a ''Techy'', I do like (and still play) the older Stronghold Games more. Check out Our downloadable Maps on The Main Page. These have been made by Site Members and can be quite fun to play.........................

Hello everyone, from Canada!

Just dropping a quick hello and happy to have found that a Stronghold type forum is still existing! lol. I have been playing since at least 2006 and was a member of Stronghold Knights forum of many yesteryears ago.  I just got back into Crusader, after so many years of it sitting in a box. Timeless game, isn't it really? Can't wait to dig into the forum some more!

Cheers!

Welcome, ZigZag Wanderer  

Glad to Have You as a Member. And Yes, We ARE a Premium Site for ALL you Stronghold Game needs. Check out our Map Download and Game related Articles for your amusements. We have many talented Game Players who can answer just about any Questions you have. 

Again, Welcome!

Thanks! I look forward to browsing around and checking out the maps, specifically free build. I have a few that I've been messing with, with high detail, but nothing ready to upload yet. Is there anywhere left to obtain SH1? Been a very long time and I recall it being a lot of fun.

Thanks again!

Steam, I would imagine. Or, if your so inclined...Amazon. I got a copy of The Collections Versions for $19 USD. Excellent Copy which has SH 1, Original Crusader, SH 2 and Legends. One can still find SH1 without too much effort, though. I always was a fan of the old 2D Version as it was. I am an ''old'' Sierra Games Fan, if you remember those?

I have MANY SH1 and Original Crusader Downloadable Maps in Our Downloads Section (many I've created). Hope your able to check them out sometime and wells as upload some of your ''creations''....................

You can get SH1 (HD version) on GOG. And as with all games on GOG, no copy protection or online requirement either. There is currently a sale on GOG, so you can get it 75% off the already low price there.

SH1 on GOG