EaglePrince

Uploading Patches to downloads section

They have already released patches 1.4 for both Stronghold HD and Stronghold Crusader HD. It has been pushed to Steam users, and others can download it from here.

You see, maybe it would be a smart thing to save the 1.3 patches as well. Chris, could we upload these patches to Stronghold Nation? I ask this because it is an exe file? I think this patch should stay available to people because who knows, maybe the new versions are actually less stable than the new ones... While I have to admit that having some players forcing the play with 1.3 would be troublesome to players with 1.4 who might not be able to play with them. It is already troublesome to many, as most of players on GameRanger play the game with non-HD versions, so those who buy the game from Steam cannot play with any of them. Players with HD versions are already minority in multiplayer community.

Chris, could we upload these patches to Stronghold Nation?

Yes - I've actually been meaning to do this myself but haven't had a chance to get around to it yet. It you could upload one or two of them for me that would be awesome. :)

You'll have to zip it but otherwise that's ok.

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

I've actually been meaning to do this myself but haven't had a chance to get around to it yet. It you could upload one or two of them for me that would be awesome.

I'd be happy to do this, if you'd like! All versions or just v1.3?

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

I will upload all three, Stronghold HD patch, Crusader HD patch, and Crusader Extreme HD patch.

One thing is bothering me... The Stronghold HD patch is called Stronghold_HD_Update_2, while the other two are Stronghold_Crusader_Extreme_HD_Update and Stronghold_Crusader_HD_Update. Why does the Stronghold HD one has the "2"... It appears that there were two HD patches, but was it the case with Crusader as well? I'll have a look at my other computer as well. Maybe it would be better to see what we all have before uploading, and to upload what is the best. For example, if we had Stronghold_HD_Update and Stronghold_HD_Update_2, my suggestion would be to upload Stronghold_HD_Update_2. What do you say?

EDIT: Now I saw Mathews post. Sure, I have no issues with Mathew doing this. ;) But we should see about what I said about these different HD patches I guess?

Edited by EaglePrince

Now I saw Mathews post. Sure, I have no issues with Mathew doing this. wink But we should see about what I said about these different HD patches I guess?

I just meant I'm happy to do it if you were busy.

You most likely know more about the game and its versions, so if you're happy to do so, perhaps it's better that way! :)

I can do it. Thanks for your offer. :)

By the way, I checked the other PC, and it's the same situation. The Stronghold HD patch has this "2", and the Crusader patches don't have that. How's with your patches? :)

EDIT: I am uploading these right now. Chris, we're going to need new options in the Stronghold, Crusader, and Crusader Extreme sections for 1.4 version. :)

Edited by EaglePrince

Thanks both of you for the offer!

@EaglePrince - I'll add those once the files have uploaded, thanks for reminding me.

Useful Articles

Now I got some error message after trying to submit the patch for Stronghold HD.

500 Internal Server Error

Sorry, the server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling your request.

Possible problems may include:

There is an temporary issue with our server.

This section of our website may be not functioning correctly.

This page may be encountering a programming error.

Your browser cache may be out of date and need updating.

PHP may be encountering a temporary error.

A server misconfiguration may have occured.

Please try again. If the problem persists, contact the server administrator.

I'm trying to submit it again. If I don't make it, if somebody else wants to give it a try, he could use these preview images. They should look fine with the background there.

1303692510_strongholdhd.jpg.f8015e18d10e4e9ec14a98b0b27f4359.jpg 248

341492854_strongholdcrusaderhd.jpg.f85d11547b9cf3488073ec79f22f055d.jpg

Edited by EaglePrince

Now I got this error message.

Submission Errors:

The following errors must be corrected:

Another file already has this name.

The uploaded preview already exists.

Please go back and correct these errors.

I'm not going to touch anything, maybe this one has been uploaded, and maybe Chris can approve it. Won't reload the page, and I'm moving on with Crusader and Crusader Extreme.

I'm not going to touch anything, maybe this one has been uploaded, and maybe Chris can approve it. Won't reload the page, and I'm moving on with Crusader and Crusader Extreme.

I did receive an email saying you had uploaded something! However, I can't actually accept it right now for some reason. I'm sure Chris will be able to!

Did you get any notifications for the Crusader patch now? It again acted somewhat weird, it was submitting the file, and then it just returned me to the blank "Submit Stronghold Crusader File" page. :/

EDIT:

Stronghold Crusader Extreme HD 1.3 patch has been successfully submitted. Now I'm trying again with Stronghold Crusader HD 1.3 patch, just in case.

Edited by EaglePrince

There are currently two files sitting in the approval queue, one is for Stronghold 1 which is ~104 MB & the other is Stronghold Crusader which is ~50 MB. I'm downloading them both to make sure everything uploaded ok then I'll approve them.

In regards to the Error 500, I'm not actually sure what caused that. I can have a look but it looks like whatever the cause was has corrected itself and was just temporary. I'll also look at the second error you got too.

Thanks for doing this.

Edited by Lord_Chris

Useful Articles

I've approved your two files - there is no reason as to why you got the "another file has this name ..." error I can find & I've split this topic to keep this subject separate from the original topic.

From what I can tell, it exceeded the maximum allowed size of 128 MB. I do have to update the download guidelines on this, but the maximum file size is 128 MB. There is an error in the error log I've found about it at 3:30 PM this afternoon and before that again at 2:19 PM. If there is another file still to upload - before you try again could you check the file size itself to make sure it doesn't exceed this?

Useful Articles

Actually, what you approved is Stronghold Crusader Extreme patch, and that's the one which worked smoothly, and Stronghold HD which I apparently uploaded the first time I tried, but I didn't know it because of the first error message. That's just my guess. The Extreme patch is 54 MB, the Stronghold patch is 108 MB, and the lastly the Crusader patch is 142 MB. That is why I cannot submit it then. It gave me no error message, it just returned me to the blank "Stronghold Crusader submit file" page. I could the zip archive though, and submit the two parts separately? But that may not be the perfect solution.

If there are two parts it looks like that could be a solution. See what you can do, hopefully it will work.

Useful Articles

I'm just taking a look at that now. :)

Useful Articles

A bit of good news and bad news: Good news is, that the second file appears to have uploaded fine. However, it does have a strange file extension, z01, which means I can't open it.

Bad news is, that the first file appears to be corrupt, or at least the version I downloaded. Which is odd, because the file size was also 140~ MB, and the file size showing on the site is 80~ MB. I'm going to attempt to download this again.

Useful Articles