m55aspe

Question Stronghold Legends more zoom in the game?

Question for everyone:

Can you add more zoom in the game (same stronghold 2 deluxe?, to see the large units with more zoom in the game, changing ?us some parameters or edit file game.

Edited by Lord_Chris
Removed incorrect formatting

Hi and Welcome m55aspe, To Stronghold Nation...

Apparently, something went wrong with your Post. Either your Font Color didn't show correctly or the way you Posted it went "off" somehow. I attempted to "color correct" for you so we can "see" your question.

Although I am The Site's Resident History "Expert", I do play The Games. I don't really think you can manipulate the zoom any more than The Game's File parameters. Our Members (with many serious Experts), may know of some "trick". Give them a while to respond, You stand a better chance over The Weekend of getting an answer.

My question is, did you Post directly from the Site or did you type your question on your Computer or Cellphone and Paste it? I recommend that you Post directly to the Site. If this persists, our Webmaster Lord Chris (who is FAR more the Expert than I), might be able to help.

Again, Welcome to The Site. We look forward to your imput and participation,

Although I am The Site's Resident History "Expert", I do play The Games. I don't really think you can manipulate the zoom any more than The Game's File parameters. Our Members (with many serious Experts), may know of some "trick". Give them a while to respond, You stand a better chance over The Weekend of getting an answer.

Thanks for the answer, see if we find any solution to the greater Zoom to see the units closely, (same as the Stronghold 2 DeLUXE v1.4.1 that you see very closely). I have been looking for several days on the internet but I can not find the solution to improve this, even though they are very similar Stronghold 2 DeLUXE and Stronghold Legends.

We will wait to see if someone to find the solution to this, thanks for everything.

Edited by Lord_Chris
Corrected quote formatting

I attempted to "color correct" for you so we can "see" your question.

If you select the "View source" button on the far right, it will most likely be filled with text colour code. Usually this happens if the text has been copied and pasted from elsewhere. If you delete the colour code, it should return to the site's normal preset :)

In regards to your question @m55aspe, I don't believe this is possible. I don't play Legends, but as a seasoned SH2 player, I've never heard of such a thing. Perhaps in the new Steam edition there may be a way, but on disc, I'm almost certain you are unable to do so.?

Also, you seem to have inserted your reply as an extra quote. This is easily done as these new quote options can be confusing if you've never used them before! The most simple way to insert a quote is by selecting "View source", then select "Insert a Quote", you should then easily be able to paste the quote between the closed and open square brackets. Use "Enter" to move the cursor down, and then type your reply :)

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

In regards to your question @m55aspe, I don't believe this is possible. I don't play Legends, but as a seasoned SH2 player, I've never heard of such a thing. Perhaps in the new Steam edition there may be a way, but on disc, I'm almost certain you are unable to do so.?

Thanks for your answer, I have the stronghold Legends Steam v1.3, hopefully if anyone has got it, because it would be very interesting to see the units with the more zoom

I think there may be a possible solution by modifying this

Folder meshes

file Units.lodsettings.xml

Edited by Lord_Chris
Corrected quote formatting & merged double post

I've corrected the formatting in the OP's posts, thanks @Crusader1307 for colour correcting it, and as you suggested it would be good to know how he was posting to the site. I am aware of this bug, but I've never been able to accurately track down what causes it and don't have sufficient evidence as to point to anything that could be the cause yet.

All I can definitely say is that it's a problem with the editor. I could disable this entirely globally, but it would make formatting more difficult for users so that's not really an approach I'd like to take if I can help it.

Back to the question, SHL is very slightly different compared with SH2. In Stronghold 2 there are generally two types of texture files for most units, one that is low detail and one that is high detail, and they are both used differently (and for very appropriate reasons, really). When you zoom out there's no point in showing massive quality that firstly you're not really going to see and secondly will just eat up some of the resource limits. But when you zoom in there are less units in the screen so it only makes sense to have more detail.

In Stronghold Legends, though, for the most part this very sadly seems to have been scrapped on the most part. There are still occasions where this does occur, such as on Knights, and certain objects such as Gawain's Shield, but this functionality just doesn't seem to be there. What you could do, though, is in the number of cases where units are exactly the same in both Stronghold Legends and Stronghold 2, such as Archers, you could copy the high texture from Stronghold 2 and replace it in Stronghold Legends which would allow you to view them in a high texture. But ... the downside of doing so is that they'd always be displayed in a high texture.

In answer to your question on the units.lodsettings.xml file, that just describes to the game where the models are located and how to load them, not on zoom .etc.

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

Lord_ChrisI've:

Thanks for your answer now I have it clear, I thought I could solve the closest zoom with some changes but I see that we can not do it, thanks for everything ...