TheBlackGrouse

Mod for Stronghold Crusader 2: Templars Nightmare

I am sorry, I forgot to mention that I downloaded and unzipped the folder and then copied the "assets.v" file in the game folder and overwrote the original file.

No worries! Also, I should've asked sooner, but can I just clarify you downloaded the latest version of the mod? There are 3 links here, 2 of which are outdated and may not work on the latest version of the game.

Here is the link to the latest version, which should work on the newer version of Crusader 2! -?http://www.mediafire.com/file/vyai7rfe1iioc2j/Templars+Nightmare+1.3.rar

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

That is exactly the file I took to overwrite. The game is also updated to the latest version (via steam).

So to clarify, when you start the game, it launches, but stays as a black screen until you close it?

If so, follow these steps before we move any further:

- First, verify integrity of game cache

- Exit Steam completely

- Then go ahead and overwrite the same file once more

- Launch Steam

- Run the game as an administrator

If the problem persists, there are a few other possibilities. I'm not currently home right now, but when I am, I'll try the mod myself again to see if it still works on this version!

I followed your steps and started it again, but without any success. I am likely to receive some other options and hints, but you do not need to hurry up ; )

Right, I just tried version 1.3 and experienced the same issues. I put the original assets.v file back, and the game launched fine, tried the other one again - black screen. Then tried running it as an administrator, still no success. All I saw was a black screen with the game version listed in the bottom left corner.

I then decided to try the older version, which is 1.2. This time the cut scenes loaded along with everything else, but afterwards, I saw the same thing. Black screen with the game version in the bottom left. I left it for 10 minutes, and nothing loaded. I tried using the alt + tab trick to try and get the game to show something via that menu, but nothing.

I hate to say it, but the creator of this post created it in 2015. He last visited this site on the 1st of June, 2015. My best bet is that the mod simply no longer works on the updated version of Stronghold Crusader 2. This is a shame, as the mod itself was pretty good when it worked!?

If anyone else comes up with an idea, or finds a workaround, I'm sure they'll comment! :)

Sorry, I couldn't solve the issue.

That is really sad (even more sad is the lack of support and updates by Firefly). But thank your for the kind help :)

I did a little more research, and found the same post in a Steam forum. That too has been long abandoned. I'm sorry to say! :(?

The author of this mod, TheBlackGrouse, is still on my Steam friends list.

If you like, I can try to contact him about it.

Ok, I sent him a message.

However, according to his Steam profile, the last time he was signed into his account was 156 days ago. So I would not put my hopes too high.

Still, wellcome to the site, Nullfolge. If you want to join some of our other activities, you are most wellcome :)

Browsing the SHC2 Steam forum today, I came across this post

http://steamcommunity.com/app/232890/discussions/0/1333474229075333924/

The last comment is from August 8th.

Oh, I found the file, but after looking at it, I guarentee the Arabian swordsmen do not move faster. He only edited the run/walk values in rules.xml. I tested these thoroughly. They do nothing in game. So he only made the Arabian swordsman have less resistance to arrows and blades.

h t t p : / / w w w . m e d i a f i r e . c o m / f i l e / 5 4 t 8 d 8 i c t 4 f g o 6 y / a s s e t s . v

Hope it helps.