Charles of Tours

Status Update (Saving Private Charles)

Hi folks! I thought I'd let you know that I'm still alive and well. Unfortunately I haven't been able to visit the site as much as I'd like, since I've been very busy.

If you're wandering what I've been up to, I am now in my second year of university. I am majoring in both computer science and mathematics, so I have 5 hours of (nearly) back to back classes during the week. On weekends I do homework and keep up with errands.

Still, I am going to try to make a conscientious effort to visit Stronghold Nation when I am able to. If any of you ever need me in a hurry, I am typically logged into Steam when I am home (even when I am "away from keyboard") unless I'm working on something. :)

P.S. I have the Stronghold games and everyone on this forum to thank for nudging me in the direction of computer science. Ever since I was a kid with a discount "jewel box" version of Stronghold Crusader, I have enjoyed working with computers.

For those interested, I learned Python my first year in an "intro" class, and am currently learning Java alongside the basics of object oriented programming. If any of you are familiar with code, you'll know that this is the base for designing games (or any serious programs with a decent user interface), so it's quite possible that my final project for this semester may be a RTS game ... but I'll say no more. :D

Mqb938i.png

Do you crave a life of adventure? Check out our Adventures in the Duchy of Riverborne and apply here to join the action!

In a Line from The Film "Dances With Wolves"........"Why Don't He Write" (Which will mean nothing to you if you haven't seen it) - best sums up Our Lord Charles!

Keep at the great endeavor of School, Charles. It will pay off someday.........

Glad as always to "hear" from you, hope you can drop by with more frequency.

You're not alone here, Charles! Seems like a lot of us have been busy recently as the site hasn't been that active the last week or so. Good to hear everything is well! :)

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

I'm in the same boat, but I hope I'm going to get rid of one of my huge obligations this Thursday. :D

Charles, so there's another mathematician among us now besides me! Glad to hear that! But I feel you made a better decision with focusing your talents in programming. Sometimes I think whether I should switch to programming too, although I've went pretty far with mathematics (in terms how much I studied)...

I wish you all the luck, and do come buy now and then. ;)

That's a good point, Eagle! I can't explain how glad I am that there are mathematically minded people on this earth. If it were up to me, we'd be in big trouble. It's the reason I had an A in chemistry, but only managed a C in physics. I've never been very good at mathematics! :P?

Any questions on sociology or psychology then I can help. Haha!?

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."