EaglePrince

Stronghold Crusader; September 7, 2014

September 7, 2014; 19:00 (GMT +2, Belgrade - Serbia)

• Game: Stronghold Crusader
  • Version: 1.1 and 1.2 (non-HD)
  • Known participants:

1. @EaglePrince
  2. @Lord Vetka

Global Start Times:

1. 18:00 (6 PM) GMT +1 - London, United Kingdom
  2. 13:00 (1 PM) EST - North America
  3. 10:00 (10 AM) PDT - Vancouver, Canada
  4. 19:00 (7 PM) CEST - Belgrade, Serbia

I apologize for making this event a bit late - it's less that five hours ahead, but I hope we could gather to play a game.

We can play whatever you like - we can play a game against AI opponents, but we can also play one team against the other, a free for all game - which could also be interesting, or a free for all game with AI lords in one alliance.

Edited by EaglePrince

Sorry, my crusader game still isn't running on Windows 8 so I can't play :(

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

I can't run it at all. I'm trying to work on a solution but as of now I can't at all.

Useful Articles

I taught you were able to play HD version... How about Stronghold 1?

I really taught how Crusader is compatible with Windows 7. :/

Well, if that's so, I am never switching to Windows 8 or Windows 9 (which is going to be released next). Or I could try installing some version of Windows 8 or 9 (if I have to), see if Crusader works (without entering the code), and if not - back to Windows 7. :D

I taught you were able to play HD version... How about Stronghold 1?

I uninstalled the previous version when I bought my new copy. And I can't now install that. I don't have SH1.

Useful Articles

I'm sorry for asking this - I believe you already wrote that somewhere... You cannot install the older one, and the reason for that is your older CD being damaged or something like that?

If you did write about that, could you give me the link to that topic, so I wouldn't be asking questions you already answered? :)

I can't remember which thread it was in now, but it was a gaming event one. The reason I got a new copy was because the old one stopped working when I updated it to the 1.2 version.

Useful Articles

I'm painting a car today and still have HD installed, so I will not be able to play!

Chris maybe if you start a new thread we could help you to get Crusader working again, I saw that GOG has Crusader on sale, but it's HD, they might have 1.1, I bought SH1 from them for 4.99.

You guys could play Extreme.

Edit- I just noticed you said it stopped working after upgrading to 1.2, as far as I know you can only upgrade to 1.1, 1.2 is a separate game. I have both versions installed.

Well, do can play Extreme as well! Only I think that none of those two is working to Chris right now.

On the other hand, if you were able to play, it would be better to play an Extreme game, than not to play. That way you don't have to reinstall the game, and Extreme is almost the same as Crusader. We can play Extreme without outposts and using powers. :)

I could maybe be talked into a game with Extreme.

Do you want to try something a little different? You pick the map and enemies, I will be your ally and support you all the way to victory, I won't join any of the fights, I will send you troops for defenses, but you will have to do the final act on your own, unless you want help with that. So I will be giving you gold and goods and weapons.

But lets try and make it a short game.

When I have time, I'm going to try and install it on my windows 7 machine. This will do two things:

1. Verify the problem is with the game or windows 8
  2. give the possibility to transfer the files to my windows 8 machine (but I'll have to try and copy the registry entries)

This will be complex and will probably take a while - if it works.

Only I think that none of those two is working to Chris right now.

None work for me, my problem is that I can't even install.

Useful Articles

Do you want to try something a little different? You pick the map and enemies, I will be your ally and support you all the way to victory, I won't join any of the fights, I will send you troops for defenses, but you will have to do the final act on your own, unless you want help with that. So I will be giving you gold and goods and weapons.

That does sound interesting! We could try that. Do you want to try that now (I know you said you have work to do). I would find some map where you would be protected by my stronghold and troops, and you could be behind.

I have time now, only a shorter game hour hour and a half, I need to put the clear on in the heat of the sun, yes I'm working outside!

See you on Gameranger Extreme!

Vetka and I played a nice game yesterday. We do play to play another one tomorrow, but giving the AI lords more gold, because with 4000 they were not as strong as we expected.

On the other hand, this is what happened when I gave them 20000 gold. :) Vetka and I fought against two Sultans, Lionheart, Wolf, Caliph and Saladin. Today I tried to fight against similar alliance: only I fought against three Lionhearts, Sultan, Wolf and Caliph, and in alliance with Snake. This was the outcome - although I didn't finish the game. I am sure I will do better with human ally. :)

burningcastle.jpg

Edited by EaglePrince

Glad you enjoyed it :)

We do play to play another one

Do you mean you're playing another one today?

Useful Articles

I have created another event for that game.

Ok then, I'll close this thread to keep all the discussion in one place.

Useful Articles