Strife

Wrist Masochism

Well it's about that time again. Gonna announce a map project, then probably get bored and forget.

But in the mean time, how about some SH1 eye-candy?

HvhPTOI.png

From this, you can probably infer that it's going to be an all-wooden castle again. And you'd be right.

Yep. I'm going to be going through the 15-second-per-tile masochistic ritual of Stronghold art or something.

And in case you forgot; no. You can't just flatten wooden steps, because they'll disappear upon reloading the map. You have to take the sucker off of a magically-erased wooden tower.

Haha, I had wondered what is hiding behind that title :D

Good luck with this map project.

And beware of the dreaded Repetitive Strain Injury in your wrist - a growing epidemic among gamers workers in our modern computer age.

:P

UNFORTUNATELY, my laptop drowned, and I don't have a back-up of anything, so this map was lost in the process. But as expected, I hadn't touched Stronghold too much, so I didn't lose a lot of progress.

Here's an up-to-date version starting from scratch again, though:

xs7zXHr.png?1

It'll be another ecovasion, but I'm more focused on the aesthetics rather than full gameplay

How do you create wooden walkways on ground level? When I tried to use the common method with damaged stone stairs, everything lower than about 20 clicks above the ground just disappeared after reloading the map.

WBVT45O.png

You have to use the wooden gate "magic eraser" on wooden towers, where the stairs of those towers are outside of the 3x3 erased box. It's incredibly tedious and not worth doing unless your internet artistic prestige is on the line.

In my once-in-a-blue-moon decision to play again, here's further progress on this map. Since this is now a landscape issue, it might take another 5 years before I wind up touching this again.

MLxf8Hv.png

Any progress on the map? It looks like it'll be amazing visuals.

(But I confess that once in game, I look forward to deleting the whole castle for extra wood. 😈)