GOGHacker

Reports, Bugs, Cheating

Hi Stronghold Fans,

I'm a lonely player who got older and want to share his achievements.

3 under-Topics:

1. Records for all missions/invasions/sieges
  2. Exploitable Bugs
  3. Hm, lets cheat...?

1: Records; Everything at "Very hard" obviously

• I was able to win every single Siege Mission in defense and attack mode with 0% troops lost? .? You?
  • And every single Military Campain mission with 0% troops lost? ?????? (except this damn, time-limited mission 15: first time siege Pig castle .)?
  • And every single Invasion with 0% troops lost, too?? .??????????????????????? (I removed the pre-last-invasion time limit of "Player generated map - Talsperre")
  • The economy campains one to five: 25|65|75|42|73 months left
  • The economy missions: All won ofc (of course). Das Wolfsrudel: 0 months left (uh-o ); The Forest: 62; A request from the king: 21. Hexenkessel: 1. Kuestenschloss: 0.?
For the Invasions and the economy -- not the military campain -- I used the no-walking-bug stated below. But not the multiple-worker-bug.

And everything without using hacks/cheats of course!

I want to point out these missions seperatedly:

• Invasion: Player generated map -- Inselkrieg???????? (Island war...?)
  • Invasion: Player generated map -- Weide
  • Siege:????? Player generated map -- Burg in Brand?? (Castle on fire...?)
They are pretty taff, but possible -- 0% troop losses is a nice challenge there?

Did you ever managed this? Or tried...?

I'm very interested in your comments

Edited by GOGHacker

2: Exploitable bugs

2.1 No-walking bug

Record_Bug_Cheating_Post_Pict1.png

• Build a square with walls (diameter 10 to begin with)
  • Place a -- lets say -- Fletcher inside. --> no worker can go there for now.
  • Open the wall at one point
  • Wait till the fletcher goes through the hole in the wall
  • Close the wall BEVORE THE FLETCHER REACHED HIS HOUSE!
  • Record_Bug_Cheating_Post_Pict2.png
  • --> He will mysteriously catch wood and start to work
  • --> congratulation?
  • WARNING: This does not work for farms . But for pretty much everything else?

2.2 Multiple-Worker-Bug

• Place a building -- lets say a wheat farm
  • wait till the worker goes there
  • Select the building
  • Pause the game
  • Press work-ulting/sleeping/zzz/whatever twice
  • --> Another worker will come
  • Repeat this 4ever (again and again)
  • --> congratulation
  • Record_Bug_Cheating_Post_Pict3.png
  • WARNING: This does pretty much only work well for farms -- try orchards
  • Using this bug, too, I accomplished the economy missions with 39|83|109|113|100 months left.

2.3 Overstrain the KI

In some missions, like the mountain pass, you can overstrain the KI by building some wall-air-wall iterations in the path.

It does not need much in this missions, and the pig's troops are just standing still.

Or enclose your keep directly with walls, and build your economy far away (delete the stockpile, build it somewhere else again).

--> The troops will only destroy some buildings (Marketplace, etc.) you can rebuild, but may not attack properly.

This is kinda dump though, so I did not use it.

3. Hacking/Cheating

Well, Stronghold is kinda old, so it is possible to do some fancy stuff:

• Give you 1 million gold or more (very easy)
  • Record_Bug_Cheating_Post_Pict4.png
  • Change the troop bonus freely. From oneshotting to nearly-no-dmg (-95%) to healing enemies (<-100%)
  • Record_Bug_Cheating_Post_Pict5.png
  • many more
Most fancy: AUTO-HEALING: All units (or only the own//the enemy units!) are constantly healed until they reach max. health.

Isn't that what you always dreamed of...?

If you're interested I can give you details, or I create an Youtube Tutorial.

Still, real live awaits me, so convince me to spend more time on this ;)

GL/HF (Have a good time)

Edited by GOGHacker

Hi, welcome to Stronghold Nations.

Those are some interesting examples. Regarding that trick with worker not needing to go to stockpile, in Crusader it is possible to achieve a similar thing with stone. By blocking stone quarries' or oxen one can transport stone directly to the stockpile.

Also the more workers bug... It is a frequently exploited bug in Crusader online games. I don't know how exactly one does it, but they do it for fletcher's workshops to make more crossbows, etc. I think they do it in similar way, but not with pause, but when the game loses the connection for a moment, and it starts reconnecting.

But I don't like playing like that. In multiplayer it is definitely unfair, and what we want is players to fight over resources by employing some interesting tactic's, instead of showing who knows more useful exploits.

That is why we even made some rules for multiplayer in almost all Stronghold games.

And me personally. I just prefer to enjoy the game by building fine castles, and play the game the way it was supposed to be played. I don't even like to play with portable shields. Not against computer, and not against men.

Awesome to have one more guy here! :)

Hi @GOGHacker

Thanks for your information, but please don't double post as per the site rules. I've also removed your other spam topic, please see this doesn't happen again. As always, feel free to shoot myself or another team member a PM directly if you have any issues with the rules.

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

Sry for my posting issues. If you copy a text containing pictures -- including converted emoticons -- the post will get cleared without any feedback :(. That hold me back.

I do not play vs Humans -- I like scrutinizing the KI more.

That holds for graphics, too. I'd rather write a better editor or mess around, instead of creating a map for endless hours. Sry.

How many campains/missions did you managed with 0% troops lost? :cool:

I know the no-walking bug is applicable to Crusader ox tethers (and pretty much only them). However, it works kinda meh due to the delay of the ox. You may loose a lot of stone in the end. The same holds for Stronghold I Ox Tethers.

Anyway, what do you think about hacking?

Yesterday, I managed to change the gamespeed -- extending the 10-90 range to 1 (~frame by frame) to 10000+ (loose/win a siege in matter of seconds).

However, after some messing around, I got drowsy af. The performance of Stronghold is pretty impressive though.

Found a new website bug.

If you edit your post only by adding next-column, the website is throwing an "unknown error":

Edit: nvm (never mind), not replicable. Got it once though after adding the three blank columns in the post above. Strange.

Edited by Lord_Chris
Merged double post

I think you shouldn't post two messages 2 minutes one after the other. ;) Just use the Edit option.

Also, I don't see why you try to copy text from an advanced text editor in here. Keep in mind this is an forum, and as usual, it uses bbcode. So of course pictures are not going to be displayed. They need to be uploaded somewhere, and then inserted using bbcode. But we shall not go too much into off topic, for any question about that open a new thread. But the idea of making text offline, and then posting it is nice, but I assume that a text editor like that needs to support bbcode. Type what you want offline, and export bbcode of what you got. But like I said, that's a story for another thread.

Well, you may not like to play against humans, but in that case you might like playing with a human ally against computer opponents by giving them great advantage in map position and beginning resources.

Sure, you would like to have a better editor, what's good of it if nobody uses it to make maps. :p But sure, you look at it from one angle, but those who like to make good looking maps probably look at it as on painting for example. They like to make a good map, and they are able to relax while doing it, and they don't get frustrated about how much time they spend. Plus, with time people learn to make beautiful details on a map in shorter time. That's just my case, that's how I look at Stronghold 2 map making for example, or Stronghold/Crusader, though I don't have as much time for that as I would love to have.

I haven't managed to win all of the missions with zero loses, but we obviously have different goals. I like to play the way it was meant to be played, and you like to use tricks and whatever means necessary to achieve that. But don't get me wrong, I don't think I would be able to accomplish that.

Hmm, hacking... That's how we got some nice mods, including Stronghold Europe. I would like if somebody could enable 600x600 maps, or 800x800, but I guess it's not going to happen. However, I am pleased with what we have, Stronghold Europe and Stronghold Russian Story mods are amazing for example. Including GMB mod.

@GOGHacker I understand you are new to the site, but please avoid double posting in future. If you wish to report a site bug, you can do so in this forum -?https://forums.stronghold-nation.com/forum/32-site-questions-and-support/

Furthermore, I see you've managed to edit your post correctly. If you have any queries, simply post them in the previous forum, or message one of the staff! Thank you :)?

Edited by Mathew Steel

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

Hm, bigger maps...

All I got are smaller maps.

Small_Map.png

But these are kinda cute ;):cool:

Bigger maps result in grafic bugs:

Too_Big_Maps1.png

Too_Big_Maps2.png

Messing_With_Graphic.png

-- and a lot of crashes :/.

It seemed to be really deeply hardcoded, so >400x400 will probably not be possible at all. I'm sorry.

#offtopic: My original post got cleared cause of directly copied pictures and a time-out. Luckily for all I saved it in a LibreOffice sheet. However, it still was cleared after fixing the images, cause the emotes (a lot of them in my original post) were transformed to images in LibreOffice. That really confused me.

GBM mod...?

That's quite interesting what you managed. I guess only Firefly could do it, but today, I don't know... Today maybe not even they could do the task. Perhaps they have been simply left by their valuable developers who worked on Stronghold 1 and Crusader 1, and those younger ones are not into that old engine as much. Those games were made more than 15 years ago...

Yeah, Stronghold is kinda old, but the coding style is neat and straightforward (as far as I can tell).

Still a 95% chance that bigger maps than 400x400 are not possible at all. As well as non-square maps.

Anyway, I uploaded some (empty) maps for you to play with ;);)

--> look in the next days at Download --> Stronghold 1 --> Freebuild. (You can convert them with [Alt] + [,] to any other Game Type).

0x0 (useless), 5x5, 8x8, 16x16, 17x17, ........... 350x350.?

All 20 or so maps can be loaded without extern programmes :).

Here's one unskilled example for a 32x32 map:

32x32_idyll.png

Have fun with them and PM me if you want special sizes :cool:

Edit: And I attached them here, too.

NewSmallMapsForDesigners.zip

32x32_Idyll.map

Edited by GOGHacker

Although it might be impossible to us, I'm pretty confident that those guy who made the game would be able to make 600x600 maps, and that we have this limitation only because the game was developed for hardware from 17 years ago. I mean, yes, it doesn't go so straightforward, but I'd say it only means that there are others things than need to be altered to allow those bigger maps. I don't see any reason why wouldn't nowadays hardware be able to support even 800x800 maps, today even old used computers handle Stronghold 1 and Crusader 1 quite easily, and would be able to handle it. I used to play Crusader on my old Pentium II computer when I was a kid. :)