Mathew Steel

What are your favourite games?

As the title says! What are your favourite games of all time? Whether it's down to the game mechanics, the concept, or the story! Let me know, and why! I should add, this is excluding any games from the Stronghold franchise :P

For me, it's a difficult decision between SWAT 4 and the Titanfall 2 campaign. I love those games. SWAT 4 has such a charm to it for its age, and the game mechanics are so clever and unique, I can't get enough of it! As for Titanfall 2, the story is amazing.

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

Stronghold aside, my other great passion is the Total War series (hate that title, but the games are great).

Currently I have re-discovered Attila TW and am playing my way through the Carlemagne Campaign as well as having a lot of multiplayer fun.

Other titles of that series I have extensively played are Medieval1, Shogun(1+2) and Napoleon. I am sure going to get Thrones of Brittania sooner or later (perhaps rather sooner than later :) ).

I also love Mount & Blade Warband. Pitty that there is no MP campaign for this game. I may give Bannerlord a try when it finally comes out.

My other great interest (other than the knights and kingdoms theme) is the era of pirates and battleships. I played Sid Meier's Pirates! to death and a less known, but pretty good follower called Cutthroats. A year ago I picked up Tempest, which is not too expensive and really nicely done, considering is it from a small (Indie) developer - almost a 1 man project. That game has some enjoyable MP options - both in PVP and co-op.

Edited by Nigel

I love Total War too. My favourite by far is Medieval 2 Total War. I have all the expansion packs for that. Right now I'm playing the Britannia campaign.

I think it's a huge pity Sega moved their games to be Steam Exclusive several years ago as it puts me off buying more.

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now