Nigel

Multiplayer still possible ?

Hi guys,

Resurrecting my old Stronhold games, I re-started Stronghold Legends.

The SP game works all right, but I could not get any MP game to work. In fact when I try to open MP, it takes a while and then just comes with a message that Multiplayer is currently not available.

I admit, I have not played SHL MP for years. So I wonder if it has somehow been deactivated. Or is it just my new PC that is not set up right for it?

It would be a shame, because SHL was one of the best in the series in terms of multiplayer features and playability.

Edited by Nigel

Multiplayer for Stronghold 2 and Stronghold Legends is run through Gameranger now. :)

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

I finally tried to install game ranger, but hit a problem.

When I run it, it tells me that the Flash Player plug in is required.

It directs me to a website with Abode Flash Player, but that website tells me that with Windows 8, Flash Player is already included in the Explorer browser. And rightly, if I look it up in the "Extras" menue, I see that Flash Player is there and activated. But Gameranges still says that it requires the add on.

Any thoughts on what I could do?

Yep, I came across the exact same issue as I also have windows 8. You have to use a direct link to download flash as it just throws a tantrum when you try and install it from the website. I eventually managed to install it through Chrome and then it worked. I'll leave the link to the thread on fireflyworlds:

http://www.fireflyworlds.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&func=view&catid=24&id=29177&Itemid=271#29183

Using chrome, go here to install flash: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/download/?installer=Flash_Player_13_for_Other_Browsers&os=Windows%208.1&browser_type=KHTML&browser_dist=Chrome&d=McAfee_Security_Scan_Plus_Chrome_Browser&dualoffer=false

And if the above link doesn't work, use this link instead: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

Edited by Lord_Chris

Useful Articles

Cool, that seems to have worked :)

Now I guess I need to build up my friends list.

I go by the nickname of Nigel

... my Gameranger ID? I still need to figure out where to find that ...

Edited by Nigel

When you start GameRanger, you should have your friends window open - on top of that windows, you can right-click your name, and choose show info. Then you should be able to see your account ID.

I hope to see you at one of our Stronghold 2 or Stronghold Crusader events as well! ;)

ADDITION: Also, if you want to add some friends, you don't always need their ID's. If you play with someone, before or after the game, while you are in the room, you can right-click his name, and choose add to friends. You can do similar thing when someone chats with you at GameRanger.

Still, if you want to add some of us, or someone you know - but not from a game at GameRanger, then account ID is the best way to find those friends you want to have in your friends list. After that you will be able to see if each of them is online at some moment.

Edited by EaglePrince

@EaglePrince has a thread here with all our game ranger IDs in, feel free to friend any of us (or add yourself) :)

** @EaglePrince's thread renamed and moved to gaming events **

Useful Articles