Mathew Steel

An Explanation of Absence

Greetings, all!

You may have noticed a lack of absence among myself and some other staff members. Firstly, I'd like to apologise for this and also let you all know the forum is not dead, in fact, it's going to become more active in the coming days. However, I would like to provide some sort of explanation on behalf of the staff.

First and foremost, the competition. I have chosen a winner and will announce that very shortly. The reward, as promised, will be a copy of Stronghold Next when that is available for purchase on Steam. More on that later on.

Secondly, I personally have been extremely busy with personal life. Relationships, university, mental health, and decided to take a break from any external responsibilities whilst I was focusing on that. I am in a much better state now, and will begin contributing to the community a lot more, with some new maps in the works as I type this. I do not wish to share the stories of other staff members as their absence is not my story to tell, however, it boils down to similar reasons of personal life becoming hectic. We would like to thank all of you for sticking around and continuing to participate in the forums, and we are eternally grateful for your constant understanding and kindness in such situations.

I'd specifically like to thank Crusader for his amazing work and tremendous effort in the history thread. He truly is a perfect example of what we strive towards on the site and words really cannot explain the amount of respect and appreciation we have for him. Even in our absence, Crusader continued with his work and each post is just as interesting as the previous.

Exciting things are happening and we at SHN are glad to have you all on board.

Best regards,

Mathew Steel

Tom

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."