#1 20th Nov 2019 18:18:24

Korsfarer Mogens
Armed Peasant

Download Section - Scenarios

I have made a dozen scenarios earlier and had them published on another stronghold site. How do you feel about relaunching some of them here? I know they have to meet certain standards, but I'm confident that at least a handfull of them are, if not all. I've played (Stronghold and) Stronghold Crusader (SC) since release, but nowadays I find it more amusing to create content, than to play it.
It's mainly to add more to the download section of StongholdNation, but also because I can't see myself doing any significant SC content in the near(?) future, as I have a disabling autoimmune disease (MS), and my wife is terminally ill.
I have great plans of first a full AIV pack featuring 8 (all workable as opposed to the original) castles/villages for each figure in Stronghold Crusader, and then later bundle the AIV pack with a new crusader trail of 25-50 new scenarios. This new crusader trail with the new (and more competent) AI villages is meant to bring the challenges to a higher level than the original (and Warchest) trail. But as I already stated, I don't see it happening in the near future (if ever), so maybe some of my old scenarios could add something to the download section of StrongholdNation at this time?

#2 20th Nov 2019 19:44:53

Crusader1307
High Emperor

Re: Download Section - Scenarios

Hello, Korsfarer Mogens.....And Welcome to The Nation!     smile

You most certainly CAN submit your Maps. However, please go to The Main Page of Our Site and click on ''Submit A Download''. Please follow all instructions regarding ''How''. It takes several days for a Staff Member to ''Test'' your Map. This is done to ensure that there are no ''issues'' and that it is in fact.. ''playable'' by others (who will no doubt like and want to play your ''creations'').

You may submit as many Maps from any Stronghold Series Games you may own. Just remember it takes us (Staff) time to review. ALL of us have ''Real Life'' issues (Work, etc.). Most often, Weekends (and depending on ''where'' in The World ''we'' are) are our best free times.

Also (and most often) ''we'' will not advise you when your map is cleared for use. You have keep checking The Downloads Section periodically. We will advise you via PM IF there was a problem.

Thanks for becoming a Member and again...Welcome to The Nation. Any other questions, please feel free to ask!

#3 21st Nov 2019 21:15:48

Korsfarer Mogens
Armed Peasant

Greetings Crusader1307!
Thanks for your reply. I will begin repacking some scenarios for StrongholdNation.

PS: I do know the procedure for upload as I have already had a scenario accepted for download on StongholdNation: Desert Breeze (unfortunately, I'm apparantly not allowed to post links, not even within StrongholdNation).

#4 22nd Nov 2019 19:37:50

EaglePrince
Knez

Website

Korsfarer Mogens, welcome to Stronghold Nation! (Though I feel like we were "taking" before.)

Like Crusader already said - certainly, we would love to see more of your content in the Download Central. It doesn't matter if they are old, or whatever. Plus, this might be a chance for some newer players to find more quality maps and stuff - which your content certainly is.

I've played your Desert Breeze map, it's really an exciting scenario! I barely survived it from my first attempt. The only thing that I missed is that, once I defeated the Arabs, that was it - only to enclose the castle. I think it would be great to have one more objective, such as "produce X swords". Great map!

Just take your time, and take care!

#5 23rd Nov 2019 00:46:06

Korsfarer Mogens
Armed Peasant

Thanks, EaglePrince!
I will take my time, and upload when things are ready, and not before. I had some extensive background story to one scenario, but the links are all dead, so I'll have to think of something before submiting to SN. I'm glad you liked Desert Breeze.
U take care 2!

Users in this topic: 0 guests, 0 registered users

Board footer