Mathew Steel

Stronghold Warlords - The Next Stronghold Instalment

There is a new video about Stronghold Warlords. In this one they speak more about the sim aspect of the game. Among other things, they are showing how in this Stronghold game we will be able to build roads in your castle.

Here's the video.

They mention that one of them was working on Zeus for example, so no wonder we got the roads now. :) This could be a good one, but we shall see.

That's cool. :D I was asking some questions before, but none of them they answered out loud by speaking up my username. You asked this question at Discord, I presume? What bothered me before was that they were replying mostly to questions from Facebook, while the video is on YouTube. Though it doesn't matter much, the most important thing is for them to make this game right. :)

Hi folks,

I've been watching progress on this with interest, looks very promising so far!

How are we all doing? I'm on the Firefly Discord (username Paul (Pandaemonium _Miniatures) - I use Discord for other stuff) but so far I find it a bit hard to work out what's happening. I've also been chatting with Nick Tannahill on Twitter.

@Crusader1307 - when you say incororated legend and myth, is that a case of background interest or do you think this will transfer to battlefield powers?

'...But be not afraid of jesters; some are born jesters, some achieve jesters and some have jesters thrust upon them'

Hi LordPaultheDubious......

Well yes and no. Many Ancient Myths could have evolved into actual Formations. I am sure that (as with The History of Chinese and related weapons), Firefly will no doubt incorporate ''legend'' and ''fact''.

It should no doubt be interesting (although I am more interested in Freebuilding Maps and such). The ''Soldier'' in Me does look forward to seeing the finished and released product of the figures used in The Game.

Hi Paul, glad to see you around!

Well, yes, they might incorporate some legends into game, but I think the game is at least meant to be realistic.

I get my knows about the new game from YouTube. I've subscribed to their channel, and now and then I check whether they have some new informative videos about the game. I find it one of the easiest ways, though some videos appear to be too much boring to watch, at least they are not in my taste, so those videos I skip. :)

There has been many videos by Firefly about the new game. Here's the newest, it's about siege engines.

I like three fact that they returned siege troopers towers. :)

And generally, by looking at this video, and at some other also newer video, like this one:

it seams that players will be able to make beautiful landscapes in the editor. The eye-candies. :)

I seem to be having an issue with purchase at the moment, I’ve tried from a couple different accounts but it seems to be declining the transaction...... still trying to see what’s wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

Yeah I eventually gave up on Steam and just bought a Steam code via Instant Gaming. It ended up being quite a bit cheaper for me, which is good for me personally, but disappointing in some ways as I did want to support Firefly with this. But nonetheless, it's a fantastic game!

I was initially a bit cautious after Stronghold 3 and Crusader 2, to which I (probably surprisingly to most people) preferred the former, because they were very badly optimised and I didn't really take to either game. However after taking a look at Warlords, yes it's using the same Engine, but from what I can see Firefly have done a pretty good job of fixing a lot of the mess. There's a great deal of depth added to the game and the music is just incredible. I really recommend it.

Useful Articles

I didn't know about Instant Gaming before. Good to know, though I guess Firefly does earn money from that perchance either way? Only they will get few euros less, I guess.

Yup, the game seems good to me too. And yes, I feel the same as you do about Stronghold 3 and Crusader 2. The optimization on one hand, and on the other hand, Crusader 2 just doesn't seem that much fun to me like Stronghold 2, Stronghold 1, or Crusader 1... Maybe it would be much better to me if they did a better job with fire: in lower graphics you just don't see them fire, you can see only ashes... While Stronghold 3, although it is buggy and doesn't have skirmish mod, it has some pleasant atmosphere.

I hope I'm going to see both, those gameplay features and the atmosphere in Warlords.

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

I think you'll really like Warlords. We'll have to arrange some tournaments or multiplayer games at some point, because I can already tell this is going to be a fantastic game.

Useful Articles

I only hope those dynamite oxen won't ruin it for me. From videos, they seem overpowered to me, but time will tell. At least I have a feeling that we might find ourselves in need to make a deal not to spam with the oxen.

Sounds like the "Burning Carts" and "Trebuchet" rules all over again ... 😁

Plus there are Ninjas too. I'm not sure yet whether they are invisible, but they sound a bit like Assassins tbh. But maybe we could allow a small amount with a rule of "don't attack the Lord" or something.

Useful Articles

Indeed there are...

Although, even those ninjas are not as much of an issue to me as burning carts. I mean, I consider it my mistake if I don't put some guards around my lord, or when Mathew kills my lord when going to church. But burning carts... Damn, they bring such i chaos...

I used to love sending in waves of burning carts to destroy Multiplayer castles before I sieged them 😂 My all time favourite trick was to setup Trebuchets all around a Player's castle, protected with "legions" of my Knights, and slowly & painfully decimate everything for them .....

Useful Articles

Greetings Mylords,

I haven't been here for a while - simply because I have been busy with other stuff and have not been playing Stronghold for quite some time. 
But with the arrival of Warlords I have gotten back into it and I am having a lot of fun with the game. 

I am mostly active on the FireFly Discord right now. It is a really nice server and the mods keep it flame-free and constructive. 
As I see most of you are waiting for more patches before getting the game. When you do, I look forward to meet you on the field for same games 🙂

What's that line from The Movie ''Dances With Wolves''....''Why Don't He Write''.....

Good to hear from You M'Lord, Don't be a Stranger.......