LordPaultheDubious

Inn of the Prancing Pony

Hey all,

Couple of things - I've just now completed the SH1 war campaign for the first time in ages!

Also, I have found a bunch of printouts I made of various tutorials from Stronghold Knights, so I'll be passing those on to Chris to add to the SHN resources -magic eraser tricks, mission walkthroughs and such :)

Hope everyone is doing well :)

Edited by LordPaultheDubious

'...But be not afraid of jesters; some are born jesters, some achieve jesters and some have jesters thrust upon them'

Hi Paul! Doing fine here. :) I hope everything is great at you as well. :)

This reminds me how we need a thread in this forum for "handing out".

That sounds cool, those resources are surely going to be valuable to people. So, moderators of this subforum - what do you say we rename this topic into something, and pin it. I bet Chris would like something Inn of the Prancing Pony. :D

Hey Paul!

I recently completed the Stronghold Legends campaigns again too. I'd forgotten how much I'd missed those games again. Older games are always the best :D

I bet Chris would like something Inn of the Prancing Pony. :D

You know me too well hahaha. That's a fantastic idea! I will do exactly that :)

I'll look forward to hearing from you Paul with some of those printouts! Been a while since we've had any SH1 articles, so these would go down really well I think- with full credits going to SHK, of course :)

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

Well as you know, I was part-time barman at the old Dancing Bear Inn, so I thoroughly approve of this establishment that has been hastily erected around me :D. I just need to get Chomper out of her holiday kennels...

Yeah, I think it's possibly easier if I scan them and email them to you as .pdf documents. All the credits info is on there already, so that's easy :)

Meantime, I'll pour everyone an ale or beverage of their choice. Mace Bash for me of course! Now...does anyone know how to play Glasgow Snap? And we need to hire some minstrels....

'...But be not afraid of jesters; some are born jesters, some achieve jesters and some have jesters thrust upon them'

That's great, I'm happy you liked the idea. :D

By the way, I hope you're all doing well during these days while Europe is in mess. Take care, everybody.

Though what we can take as an advantage, we actually like to spend some time with Stronghold and some other games. If somebody would like to have a multiplayer game y that would also be a nice idea. Perhaps even playtest a newly made map in multiplayer. :)

Nice to see a new inn opening here.

I used to be a regular customer of the Dancing Bear Inn and have fond memories of that place. The drinks, the tall stories, the friendly brawls.

And Chomper and I became really good friends. I still have the scars to proove it :)

I was chatting with Yoran aka Lord S?rky? this week via Steam chat - it's possible he might pop in to see us here :)

I see we have some prospective minstrels waiting to audition - who's first?

Why, as I live and breathe! It's Sir James Hendricks, ex- Dancing Bear All Stars lead lutist! No audition necessary my friend, in you come!

Anyone in the court a musician?

That's great to hear! Truth to be told, I don't remember him from Stronghold Knights, but I guess it is unlikely I that I haven't met him at SHK. See how it's useful to have a memorable nickname and avatar... :)

A musician... I'm an anti-talent. :D My high school teacher of music used to tell me I should join the orchestra for driving the guests away. :)

Hey guys, I haven't been online for a while. First I was busy, and after that I just needed some time not to think about anything - to relax a little. 😄 However, the reason I was busy is a good one. I finished my PhD studies, I defended my theses. :) One bad part was the fact that few only few people could be present, I was able to call only several friends because of the epidemic. But better to do it like this, than to delay it further. It was delayed for several months already. :)

14 hours ago, EaglePrince said:

Hey guys, I haven't been online for a while. First I was busy, and after that I just needed some time not to think about anything - to relax a little. 😄 However, the reason I was busy is a good one. I finished my PhD studies, I defended my theses. :) One bad part was the fact that few only few people could be present, I was able to call only several friends because of the epidemic. But better to do it like this, than to delay it further. It was delayed for several months already. :)

Congratulations, that's excellent news :)

Well done @EaglePrince! That's some achievement, take a well earned break!

Useful Articles

Thank you guys. :)

Yes, it is in math, as Crusader said. :) What I've been mostly doing for research so far are general algebra (including group theory) and discrete mathematics (combinatorics and graph theory). In my theses were investigated some graphs associated to those structures that we call "groups". (Some examples of groups are integer numbers together with operation +, regular matrices together with multiplication of matrices, the set of all permutations together with the composition of permutations (observed as binary operation over permutations), etc.)

Glad you like it Paul! About time we had an upgrade I thought :classic_smile:

Useful Articles

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year 🙂

I decided to play Stronghold Kingdoms again for the first time in years, I've managed to remember most things, but I must say levelling through the ranks seems a lot less of a grind in this version! I'm in World 10 and Europe 6 btw. It remembered my original account too, so I had a ready made crest 😃

You Have a Happy New Year as well, My Lord......No Doubt The Inn is busy due to The New Years Celebrations.......have a Pint on Me (and a Steak for The Dog as well!):classic_biggrin:

9 hours ago, Crusader1307 said:

You Have a Happy New Year as well, My Lord......No Doubt The Inn is busy due to The New Years Celebrations.......have a Pint on Me (and a Steak for The Dog as well!):classic_biggrin:

Thank you, M'lord, a pint of Mace Bash would be most welcome 😁

Well I'm a bit late now, but Happy New Year all the same! Let's sit down, have some good Ale and wait for Gandalf's arrival!

Useful Articles