wobbli

AI in Multiplayer-solution for non-steam version - tested with v1.4.1

AI in multiplayer - if you're still looking for "Stronghold 2 Manager"...

For those of you that want AI back in the multiplayer so you can do co-op and can't find a solution, read on. The AI in multiplayer was removed from the non-steam version some time ago via a patch I believe.

There was a solution using so-called "Stronghold2 Manager" some time back but that always showed up having viral content and was hard to find (and you had to trust...). I found this source code (Mod edit: link removed) - I am not the author.

Being source, you can review it's content and actions. Once compiled (VSCommunityEd), it works like a charm.

Note that I have the retail version of stronghold and play on GameRanger.

Via GameRanger, run SH2 as normal - Host actions: CTRL-ESC, run task manager, find the Process ID of SH, run your compiled executable as admin, enter the PID and voila - no messing around like the "Manager" product.? No need for other players to do anything different to normal.

Edit - added reference to GameRanger in starting the game

Edited by Lord_Chris
Removed link to software

Thanks for your interest in posting on our forum @wobbli. Unfortunately as this topic is referring to a software modification which injects code into the game as it is playing (essentially a Trainer), and therefore is contrary to the site rules, we cannot permit this topic on the site. I'm therefore going to close it, but if you have any questions on the site rules feel free to shoot me a PM.

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Topics

• Need Help Running Stronghold 2: Deluxe Version 1.31

As some of you may know, there are two versions of Stronghold 2: the Standard edition and the Deluxe edition. The standard edition patches to version 1.4.1, however, the Deluxe edition patches to version 1.31; and it requires a special Deluxe patch. The good news is that this patch was included on the DVD disc itself of late releases of this game (I have a late release which includes a 1.31 patch right on the disc; alternatively, the patch can also be downloaded here: https://www.patches-scrolls

in Stronghold 2

• Mobile version of the forum?

Hi, I just meant to ask if there is an easy way to bring Stronghold Nation to mobile? That is, to make a mobile version of the forum, or perhaps to see if it can be visited by some of those applications for forums. We could see if we can visit SHN with some applications for Android, or Windows Phone/Mobile, or iOS. :) This may be great thing for some of us. I am going to try some of those applications tomorrow, but I decided to ask here a question about it. Has anyone else tried something like t

in Site Questions and Support

• Stronghold Europe 1.5 - A new Version available

Suddenly i've released a new version of mod. A little changelog:   Three?new historical campaigns and first 10 missions of new European Trail; Three invasion/economic missions; Many Skirmish maps; Blue colored player; Fixed Firefly AIVs by Evrey; Wolves, birches, no arabian lords; Mod speech adapted to English version; Full russian localization with it's own speech files;   Download:   ModDB Google Drive

in Discussions

• Stronghold 2 - Steam Edition, Version 1.5

Fairly recently, Firefly released a digital Steam edition of Stronghold 2 in order to keep up to date with the growing online digital market. Stronghold 2 on disc has not been selling with the change in computer hardware and in consumer needs. CD ROMs are no longer seen as a requirement of a computer and even pre-built systems often come without. Therefore, getting older games into the digital market allows Firefly to gain more and to also keep games up to date with relative ease.?   Currently,

in Stronghold 2

• Stronghold Crusader II, Version 1.0.19369 Released!

The latest version of Stronghold Crusader II has been released, this update includes bug fixes, game balancing and misc changes.   Balance Changes Wood Camp footprint reduced to 2x3 tiles. Wood Camp cost reduced to 10 wood. Updated starting troops for all AI Lords. Updated all AI Lords' castles. AI Lords will now randomly select their castle size and rotation when starting Custom Skirmish or Multiplayer games. AI Lords will now try to build the largest castle size possible within the available f

in Stronghold Crusader 2