Lord_Chris

Signature of the Month: October 2014

Last month, the winners were myself and @EaglePrince for our "Stronghold Crusader or Stronghold Crusader 2 related" themed contest.

We have deliberated upon the following theme:

soldiers from Stronghold

We have chosen to clarify with the following:

we create signatures with some army, some soldiers, or some soldier from Stronghold series. It could be some screenshot from the game, but it could also be something like the knight from Stronghold Crusader, which can be seen at SHN banner for example.

Oh, and if you are considering joining in, it wouldn't hurt to drop in a note so I hurry along those "last minute" sort of people! :)

The contest will run until the 20th of October, and after this date the voting will begin. But do remember... the longer you have your signature posted, the more people will notice it!

Basic Rules: http://forums.stronghold-nation.com/topic/94-announcing-signature-of-the-month/

** Voting **

@Lord_Chris

sotm.png

@EaglePrince

screen85-1.png

@Mathew Steel

SHNSignature2014_zps5b6a977f.png

Edited by Lord_Chris
Voting has started

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

I think I'll give this a go, hopefully it will be a theme I can work with :)

Few questions first:

"You must link the image to the SOTM thread for the month you enter for." I think I understand but to be sure. I need to post the image in this thread when it is done? Along with setting it as my account's signature?

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

I am joining the contest with my signature. I believe that this time we may see some interesting screenshots from Stronghold 2, Stronghold Legends, Stronghold 3, and also from Stronghold 1 and Stronghold Crusader 1, but also from, what we're all most excited right now, Stronghold Crusader 2.

Sadly, right now it is not possible to change the horizontal angle of camera, but even without that, I'm sure that one can make great screenshots from Crusader 2. :)

This is my signature.

screen85-1.png

I think I understand but to be sure. I need to post the image in this thread when it is done? Along with setting it as my account's signature?

You post it in this thread, but you also link the image to this thread in your signature.

Useful Articles

I think I understand Lord_Chris. If I make a mistake, please let me know and I will fix it :)

EaglePrince I accept that challenge, hopefully there will be other contestants too so we can have a variety of different screenshots :D

I use paint.net and now, photoshop CS5 as well. But you can use online generators, any paint programs or an means to generate your signature.

A good online generator I use sometimes is bannerfans.com

Useful Articles

What I would recommend is Gimp.

It's free, and it's really great for any image manipulation you want to do. If you need any help, just ask. :) I could try writing some tutorials, but there are many tutorial already, and it would take much time to describe everything in detail. On the other hand, the program is quite intuitive. I recommend it!

I agree, I think GIMP is the best. Paint.net has too many useless options and then not enough useful ones.

I haven't used Paint.net much, but I have same impressions.

I'd also like to say - you can also use your lords here. Not only army. I am saying this because I know lords from Stronghold 2 and newer Stronghold games might be quite interesting. You could also use an AI lord. For example, you could use Sir William, the King, the Bull, or someone else.

My signature:

sotm.png

Useful Articles

That's a very nice signature Chris :)

Just so you guys know I'll be uploading my entry later today :)

Here is my entry for the contest. I know this is unlikely to win first place as there are far better ones. I decided to go with the simple theme but I feel it leaves a nice look to it. For my first ever design, I'm happy with the outcome :)

SHNSignature2014_zps5b6a977f.png

Edited by Mathew Steel

You've linked to the original image, but it needs to be linked to this thread:

http://forums.stronghold-nation.com/topic/297-signature-of-the-month-october-2014/

Useful Articles

You guys are going to have a hard time topping those sigs in the future, nice sigs!

Lord Chris, your sig has a great look to it with the red streaking through it and the Legends feature in the middle, the only thing I might think about changing is the name, move Chris to the right side leaving the feature open.

If you hover over your image (or click on it), it links to Photo Bucket. But it should link to the URL I posted above as that is this topic's link.

Useful Articles

He wants you to make the code like this:

[url=http://forums.stronghold-nation.com/topic/297-signature-of-the-month-october-2014/][img=http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag401/K0MP4CT/SHNSignature2014_zps5b6a977f.png][/url]

5 more days to get your signature completed everyone!

Remember that the image must link to this thread and you must post your entry here also.

Useful Articles

Actually Mathew, it's still linking to your image rather than the thread. :/

Useful Articles