EaglePrince

Stronghold Crusader Extreme; October 19th

June 3, 2014; 19:00 (GMT +2, Novi Sad, Serbia)

• Game: Stronghold Crusader Extreme
  • Version: non-HD
  • Known participants:

1. EaglePrince

Global start times:

?18:00 (6:00 PM) GMT +1 - London, United Kingdom

?13:00 (1:00 PM) EST - North America

?10:00 (10:00 AM) PDT - Vancouver, Canada

?19:00 (7:00 PM) CEST - Belgrade, Serbia

This time I thought we could play the same map as previous time, a 3v5 game against AI lords, but this time, against Crusader lords. This might be exciting, because they would launch different attacks at our castle - they would be using more catapults and trebushets, and more heavy armored units.

I won't be able to make this event as im away for the weekend. Anyway hope you have a good game :)

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

OK, we can play all together some other time as well.

Speaking about this event - I shall leave it scheduled for Sunday, and I hope Lord Vetka, and somebody else would be able to play that day. If there would be only two of us, it would be interesting as well, but I do hope Chris made it to install Windows Vista, and Stronghold Crusader.

Vista is installed but there are no drivers for it and it can't connect wirelessly to anything at all (as it needs a wireless driver and well, it's a never-ending loop). So it's pretty much a spare backup hard drive that I'll just have to store files on.

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

There are no drivers for it, it's not just software compatibility it's also hardware compatibility. I attempted to use a Windows 7 driver but that didn't work so there's practically nothing that can be done. :(

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

Well that's to bad you could not get the dual boot working fully, we hope you can at least install SHC and SHCE for now!

I will be making time for Sunday EaglePrince, I did make a change to the map, now the AIs work in that SW corner, I will update the map in the downloads once I am sure the map works properly.

Anyone watching this thread, the map is an Extreme map called "Admindle" and is in the downloads.

Just out of interest, are the Extreme maps and the "normal" SHC maps interchangable?

Or can they only be played by their respective games?

It seams like the maps can be used in either SHC 1.2 and Extreme.

The reason we play in Extreme is because of the higher troop count and less crashing, it seams to play better.

There has been some people over at SH Heaven that say you can make a custom scenario for Extreme but I have not seen it work properly.

EaglePrince, looks like the map is not going to work properly after all, I moved the keep a few times and after all of the AIs get built then the last 2 Keeps, 7-8 start to fall apart like the game resources have been used up and now the last 2 Lords are getting the short end of the stick.

I haven't tested far enough to see if it changes as the AIs get removed, I will test some more later today.

Hmm, and how about this thing..? To switch the keeps that would be meant for one of us, and the one keep which makes that problem to the AI? Maybe that could work?

If you don't make it till tomorrow, it wouldn't be a big deal - we could play another map, or maybe - to play the same map ignoring the problem.

Yes I did think of that and will give it a try, but I will have to go back to an earlier save before I placed the keeps and set them up in a different order.

The map is good the way it is, I have no problem playing it again, I did play it again with a mix of AIs and had 2 Lionhearts as my allies and put in 2 Wolves 3 Wazirs and a Pig, with AIs building smaller castles the map worked properly, 7 and 8 had a Wazir and a Wolf and they built and stayed in the game.

Well, in that case, we could put few Lionhearts against us - he builds a small castle, but still - he is a good opponent. Especially if you give him more gold, as he would attack you with catapults and heavy armored units pretty early.