EaglePrince

Changing building limit

Hi, I saw that in Stronghold 3 one is limited to 125 buildings only, which is very small number considering that gatehouses, towers, etc. are counted there as well.

Is there a way to enlarge that number? Is there some modification, or something? Also, if this game was possible to become unstable with more buildings, I guess enlarging that number to at least 175 could be enough, and that it wouldn't make any harm.

Edited by EaglePrince

I saw it is something that is possible to do, and no mod is needed. I found the answer at Stronghold Heaven in this tread.

Troop and building maximums have been added to Single Player, in order to prevent performance issues when the numbers get too high.

These limits can be overridden by changing the relevant settings in the Documents/Stronghold 3/Profiles/options.xml file.

So it is possible but it would cause some performance issues.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• Missing Character/Building Animation and Floating Characters Glitch

Hello everyone, I'm building a massive and detailed map and everything was going fine. Then on my last map test I noticed that characters were floating, and in-building animations were also missing. The carters post horse and wagon move as normal but everything else is affected. I'm not sure exactly when it happened. I have a rough idea because I added a decent amount of smoke, steam and bubbling effects in a swamp section. Afterwards I added a lot of grass and bog plants from the 3rd sc

in Stronghold 2

• Color Changing Progress

Hello,   This thread is mostly for Lord Chris, but anyone can feel free to contribute.? I know on a previous thread here that there were discussions about efforts into diving into the coding of how color selection is made in Stronghold 2 and that I believe Chris was going to look into that.? Does anyone have any kind of information on if this is even possible or if there have been an efforts directed towards this?? I would love to push this however I can and am willing to help learn how to find

in Stronghold 2

• Building Walls That Tunnelers Can Try To Undermine But Can Never Reach

I would like to know if anybody has any idea if it's possible to build a wall in such a way that tunnelers can attempt to undermine it, but they can never actually reach it. ?For some reason in the past, I remember encountering certain arrangements of walls where tunnelers simply couldn't reach them, but you could still place the tunnel entrance and they would dig toward the wall, my memory could be faulty though. ?I've tried to reproduce something like that recently, but I haven't had any succe

in Stronghold 1

• Unit limit

Hi in stronghold 1 HD there seems to be 1k unit limit. can this be changed?   thx!

in Stronghold 1

• Ruined Bridge over river disappears when monks finish re-building it.

Hello, On a map I am making I have included a ruined bridge as part of a neutral estate that monks rebuild whilst the player builds up his Honour to 100. Unfortunately, when the monks finish, the bridge disappears - monks can still be seen bringing stone to it, but they also disappear when they arrive at the building site. Does anybody have any advice to help stop the monks from performing this impressive magic trick??   Thank you!

in Stronghold 2