Lord_Chris

Signature of the Month: October 2014

Voting has started - see first post.

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

errm - so how do you vote in this contest?

Simply reply to this thread - or is there a vote button somewhere?

I changed the polls yesterday and haven't yet manually updated the database. It should be done soon, probably not in enough time for this month, though. was winning with 3, [user]Mathew steel] with one. If you post your reply that will do for now :)

Useful Articles

fine - I was going to vote for EaglePrince - so I guess I am going with the flow and he rightly deserves to win this contest :cool:

Thanks, Nigel, I am glad you like my signature. :)

By the way, some time ago I came to an idea of making a pattern for making Stronghold Nation banners. I would make it for GIMP as it is free. The idea would be for all of us to be able to have some nice signatures, and all the signatures would have something in common. We could have the same frame for example. So, if that would be the case, I would make the frame, and you would be able to make a screenshot (from Stronghold 2, Stronghold Legends, Stronghold 3, or Stronghold Crusader 2), and put it behind the frame; and you would also be able easily to put your username in your desired font. I could make a small inscription "Stronghold Nation" at some part of it. Of course, in that case you would provide you two frames - one with the inscription, and one without it. You would be able to use it on other forums as well, such as Stronghold Crusader 2 forum.

Also, is it possible to freely rotate camera in all possible directions at least in map editor? I know there is no free camera mod while playing the game, but is it possible at least in map editor? It would be really nice if they made this possible like they did in Stronghold 2 - that is a nice option for making some nice screenshots of our army, castles, landscapes, etc... even videos!

Now when I mentioned it - is there free camera mod in Stronghold Legends and Stronghold 3?

It seems it is possible by pressing ALT+"F". I found that info at Firefly Worlds forum.

Edited by EaglePrince

That sounds great @EaglePrince, I like the idea of templates - PM me with what you have in mind and we'll talk a bit more about that.

Also, is it possible to freely rotate camera in all possible directions at least in map editor? I know there is no free camera mod while playing the game, but is it possible at least in map editor?

You can use the different game view modes at the below link, these allow you to view the game in different ways, which may answer your question.

http://www.stronghold-nation.com/article/64-game-views

Well, EalgePrince is once again, our Winner! Congratulations EaglePrince!

Useful Articles

Congratulations EaglePrince, nice signature!

Checking out the view buttons, I do like to use the main one with the red circles in it, like you said view the map any way you want, I like to get down to ground level and take a walk around, and I really like being able to zoom way out. Makes for some great screen shots!

Sure, I will PM you about that matter today I hope.

Yes, I did know that it is possible in Stronghold 2, but I wasn't sure that this option is available in Stronghold 3, as I know it is not present in Crusader 2. Still, I hope it is possible in map editor (to change the angle of the view), and if it possible there, it could be used for making some nice signatures.

Thanks, Chris! From now on I think I could start helping other make some nice signatures - I hope those templates will help other make cool looking banners. :)

Yes you can have the same view in the C2 map editor, you need to click the "Free Camera" button on the top bar, it does take a little getting used to. I like to turn off the "Highlight Objects" button and have the grid showing when making maps.

I have been using the "Move Rotate and Scale buttons" and will tell about how to use them in the map editor tips thread.

Interesting, I hate having the grid on, I much prefer just looking at the map. Maybe I should try it sometime.

Useful Articles