Nigel

Skirmish Trail : show your success

Well, you'll definitely have to let us know the outcome of this one @xiiMaRcLeoN! :)

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

I too have recently completed the first mission of "Breath of the Infidel", it wasn't too difficult after setting up my defence, but still took a while :)

Also I know this isn't completely relevant, but I have just completed my 4/5 campaigns today too :D

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

Congratulations, xiiMRcLeoN.

If you found this one not very difficult - maybe you have just become very good as SHC2,

or maybe you just hit upon the correct strategy for this mission :P

In any case, you are the first of us to complete the Trial.

I think that deserves a mention in the OP.

Edited by Nigel

Slowly, but steadily I am continuing my long march on the Trail...

(somewhat held up by some good multiplayer battles)

I have started the second mission of the Breath Of The Infidel chapter, the "Iron Hills", but now the Sultana has left me for the Rat (the Rat !! Why him? What does he have that I dont??). Well, at least the Shah is on my side and backing me up.

Against all the odds - MP games, mapmaking, real life, sandstorms - I have reached the end of the Breath of the Infidel chapter.

After a hard battle, two Rat brothers and the Caliph eventually fell under my attack in the last mission.

Here is a screenshot of one of my attacks on the Caliph. He was aready badly wounded but had still survived the charge. Onle last brave knight tried to take him on alone. But the Caliph, still backed by his archers, also defeated him and eventually I had to send in a group of freshly recruited macemen to subdue him.

437655460_2014-11-19_onebraveman.thumb.jpg.48620791097f53eb7cab7655689bf2bb.jpg

This mission, Pit of Despair, was actually the first one that saw me defeated against the AI at the first try.

Quite funny to see the Rat enjoy his victory - jumpiing up and down and jubilating.

Well, I suppose as missions get harder from now on, I might see that more often :P

Edited by Nigel

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• Stronghold Legends Feast Production: Eat the Eelies to Fix Your Feelies

Hey everyone - Lord Tanthos here - an old-time Legends fanatic! Having recently explored the differences between granary food, I decided to examine royal food next.   Background. The castle kitchen stores royal food: eels, pigs, wine, and vegetables. Each month, your lord may feast upon the following in exchange for honor:   Half Feast: 1/month = 5 honor Normal Feast: 2/month = 8 honor Extra Feast: 4/month = 12 honor Double Feast: 8/mon

in Stronghold Legends

• Stronghold Legends 4th Skirmish Trail Arthur's Challenge + Bonus Content

Stronghold Legends has an exclusive bonus trail (Arthur's Challenge) that was originally only released with the Gold disk version of the game. This means that without this version, you had no way of being able to collect all the awards or completely finish the game. However, Firefly have since released the 4th exclusive bonus trail as an addon application, which I have sourced and uploaded to our downloads section, available here. You only need to use this application if you are still using

in Stronghold Legends

• EU Citizens - Know your consumer rights!

Many people see ToS agreements between a seller and a consumer as above the law. Sellers in particular seem to think if you agree to a ToS, no matter what it consists of, that you cannot break the contract no matter what. Certainly, Escape From Tarkov's Russian developers Battlestate Games are definitely of this opinion with their shady ToS agreement which states:     "11.4.2. Any, including one-time, breach by the User of the conditions hereof or of the Key Documents, as well as the terms for u

in The Open Castle Inn

• What are your favourite games?

As the title says! What are your favourite games of all time? Whether it's down to the game mechanics, the concept, or the story! Let me know, and why! I should add, this is excluding any games from the Stronghold franchise :P     For me, it's a difficult decision between SWAT 4 and the Titanfall 2 campaign. I love those games. SWAT 4 has such a charm to it for its age, and the game mechanics are so clever and unique, I can't get enough of it! As for Titanfall 2, the story is amazing.

in The Open Castle Inn

• SHC Skirmish Trails

I thought we could discuss the trails here.   My progress:   I finished #7: Greek Fire and #8: Sands of Times recently.   In Greek Fire, I saw the Caliph actually use fire ballistas offensively and catapults, and while I had to constantly replace troops, I was able to easily defend cuz there was only 1 ford through which the enemy could travel. I should've blocked the ford a bit earlier though......   In Sands of Time, I had more difficulty than expected. Rather than fight the rats over the ston

in Stronghold Crusader & Crusader Extreme