Strife

Invasion Teaser

Here's the original post.

Well, I said that I won't be submitting any maps for a long time. That's still true. But anyway, here's a map that I started making for about an hour or two earlier today. I was home over break, and decided to try making something here again.

wqq8og.png

There's not much. The objective would be to eliminate all enemies and the lord, as usual. I'd probably turn it into an eco-invasion map, but for now, I don't intend to work on scripts.

If you're wondering why those walls to the lower left are there, it's simply to create the landscape around the water.

More to probably come sometime mid-December.

Edited by Strife

That's a good idea! It will give newbies plenty of time to get used to the game by including very basic and simple scripts. It will also help them a bit more on the editor.

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

What an interesting design, you should keep up the work, we could use some maps in the SH1 downloads.

Thanks for posting!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• Invasion of Closed Castle

I decided to finish my peace map that I left stalling for a while and I'm having trouble with a final invasion. An army is supposed to assault your wooden fortification but they either stand around indefinitely no matter what I do or they attack in small groups, leaving some of them standing at the invasion point. Apparently, they don't like the closed castle as whenever the siege equipments break the wall, they all start moving. But I don't get why don't they just start assaulting the wooden wa

in Stronghold 2

• Wip Eyecandy Invasion Map

Hey folks, I haven't done any map making in years, and I quite fancied having a go again, so I'm making an invasion map, as yet unscripted, so just eyecandy for now. I do have various resources for map making in an external drive, however the usb is broken so it is inaccessible at the moment, I recall that when I enquired it was cheaper to buy a new external casing than it was to get the port repaired, so I'll see about doing that some time. Anyway, here's a stitched together pano

in Stronghold 1

• Planewalker's Complete Guide to SHL Invasion Settings

Hey there, guys. Planewalker here, formerly known as Lord Tanthos. I have years of detailed user map experience in Stronghold Legends, and I'm here to give you a rundown on every component of a SHL invasion.   Basics   The basics of an invasion are quite straightforward. You pick what troops, how many, and what color. Below that you can choose which map marker the army will appear from. If you do have any questions about this section, I will answer those in the comments. Let's get into the meat

in Stronghold Legends

• Delayed invasion script

Hello I have got a problem with map making? - a script to my invasion map in Stronghold Legends. The main goal is to save our ally by killing all enemies who are going to invade his castle. But they are not invading immediately - they have to settle in some distance when the game begins (this is time to kill them) and after for example 2 years they are invading our ally (this is time when is too late to save our ally). It's the same as mission 4 from Stronghold 2 (Bull's army is waiting until in

in Stronghold Legends

• [Invasion Map] The End of The Pig - On the Rise

I am proud to present part 2 of a mapping series: The End of The Pig - On the Rise The map is part of a little "campaign" and is based on the original from Stronghold.   Prolog: "You have been charged to overthrow the Pig's final county by laying siege to his stronghold. You have besieged this castle before but it has since been rebuilt and now has a full garrison so will prove to be a far greater challenge. Our simple direct approach with the battering ram may not now be enough."   Description:

in Stronghold Crusader 2