Lord Stronghold

Own Video Messages for your Szenario.

Hello, I'm Teutonen Ritter from SH Heaven!

Sorry fo my bad English!

You like the LOTR Mod for Stronghold, but you can't make own Messages for your Szenario? No Problem, make own Scenarios with Messages and more. Time for fantasy in your mind.

Own Messages in Stronghold.

Step 1.

What for a Message will you have for the Mission? Search in Stronghold folders the files that you must have.

Example:

messageshpivsr63zt.png

I will a other messages as in the picture. I search in the Firefly Studios\Stronghold\binks with the Tool Bink Video this video.

So and the result is: Stronghold\binks\ap_civil9.bik and Stronghold\fx\speech\ ap_civil_01.wav and not to forget: General_Message3.wav.

Step 2.

Make your own Bink Video with Rad Game Tools. A typical Stronghold Video have the Width 128 and the Height 128. Scaling your video of this mass. Make a new .wave file and then to the last step, the subtitle. Recommended is a video without Sound.

binkhv34zxnjug.png

Step 3.

Open the mfg. file with a Hexeditor, because here are the subtitles. Give the subtitle text in this format in the ground of the file.

search5gbqce2xmj.png

Search the Text in hexadecimal.

messages20hj2k8gd39.png

When you have the text, you must edit the Text in this Format whit the Hexeditor, and the text must have not more Letters, as in the original. A letter more as the original, and you cannot more view the Story from the Castles in game and not view the subtitles from the messages. Sorry, this is so.

messages3nftyrwx1vk.png

Step 4.

Enjoy this resultat.

messages4qj4zu57war.png

Teutonen Ritter

-------- Textmessages -----------

Own Textmessages

Your can make own Text Messages in Szenarios. Here is this Tutorial, to make this feature.

texttwoivym739wch.png

Step One.

Load the Tool tsearch. Here is a Link:

http://

homeofgamehacking.

de/showthread.

php?tid=7

Step Two.

Start Stronghold and make a Scenario with the Trigger Jan. 1066 Lose. Open the Process from Stronghold with Tsearch, and search in the Process the Map date 1066.

tsearchxzkorh60g8.png

Than open Stronghold and make 1066 Lose to 1077, and search this as next in Tsearch. Your have a one score, and this is the effect.

textone0fsh2xniwj.png

Step three.

Open Stronghold.mlb with a hex editor and modify messages as in the last Tutorial.

Enjoy it!

---------Videomessages as in Stronghold LOTR------

You can make Video Messages as in Stronghold LOTR, with this trick.

Step One.

lotrrpnyu92gk8.png

Show in the LOTR mod the original Maps and what see your? She have the subtitles from the LOTR Movies from the beginn of the LOTR Maps.

Comparisons this now with the Original Stronghold Maps. Now use the Text Messages Trick and make a effect with the Original description from the Stronghold Map of your own Map.

Step Two

Now copy the Stronghold.mlb from the LOTR Mod folders in your Stronghold folder, and your have the LOTR Movie messages in your Map! With this trick can you export 11 own Video messages in your Map.

Step Three.

lotrmessagesdol2cuey5j.png

Now you see the in the right side the text adviser_xy. This must are the name from your .bik and .wav file. The description from the Subtitle edit you?re in the Stronghold.mlb with a hexeditor.

Edited by Lord Stronghold

Please Delete my first Posting. Thanks.

Sorry fo my bad English!

You like the LOTR Mod for Stronghold, but you can't make own Messages for your Szenario? No Problem, make own Scenarios with Messages and more. Time for fantasy in your mind.

Own Messages in Stronghold.

Step 1.

What for a Message will you have for the Mission? Search in Stronghold folders the files that you must have.

Example:

messageshpivsr63zt.png

I will a other messages as in the picture. I search in the Firefly Studios\Stronghold\binks with the Tool Bink Video this video.

So and the result is: Stronghold\binks\ap_civil9.bik and Stronghold\fx\speech\ ap_civil_01.wav and not to forget: General_Message3.wav.

Step 2.

Make your own Bink Video with Rad Game Tools. A typical Stronghold Video have the Width 128 and the Height 128. Scaling your video of this mass. Make a new .wave file and then to the last step, the subtitle. Recommended is a video without Sound.

binkhv34zxnjug.png

Step 3.

Open the mfg. file with a Hexeditor, because here are the subtitles. Give the subtitle text in this format in the ground of the file.

search5gbqce2xmj.png

Search the Text in hexadecimal.

messages20hj2k8gd39.png

When you have the text, you must edit the Text in this Format whit the Hexeditor, and the text must have not more Letters, as in the original. A letter more as the original, and you cannot more view the Story from the Castles in game and not view the subtitles from the messages. Sorry, this is so.

messages3nftyrwx1vk.png

Step 4.

Enjoy this resultat.

messages4qj4zu57war.png

Teutonen Ritter

-------- Textmessages -----------

Own Textmessages

Your can make own Text Messages in Szenarios. Here is this Tutorial, to make this feature.

texttwoivym739wch.png

Step One.

Load the Tool tsearch. Here is a Link:

http://

homeofgamehacking.d

e/showthread.php?tid=7

Step Two.

Start Stronghold and make a Scenario with the Trigger (Jan. 1066 --> (Lose)). Open the Process from Stronghold with Tsearch, and search in the Process the Map date 1066.

tsearchxzkorh60g8.png

Than open Stronghold and make (Jan. 1066 --> (Lose)) to (Jan. 1077 --> (Lose)), and search this date as next in Tsearch. Your have a one score, and this is the effect.

tsearch22qrbka6lf1.png

textone0fsh2xniwj.png

Step three.

Open Stronghold.mlb with a hex editor and modify messages as in the last Tutorial.

Enjoy it!

---------Videomessages as in Stronghold LOTR------

You can make Video Messages as in Stronghold LOTR, with this trick.

Step One.

lotrrpnyu92gk8.png

Show in the LOTR mod the original Maps and what see your? She have the subtitles from the LOTR Movies from the beginn of the LOTR Maps.

Comparisons the description now with the Original Stronghold Maps. Now use the Text Messages Trick and make a effect with the Original description from the Stronghold Map of your own Map.

Step Two

Now copy the Stronghold.mlb from the LOTR Mod folders in your Stronghold folder, and your have the LOTR Movie messages in your Map! With this trick can you export 11 own Video messages in your Map.

Step Three.

lotrmessagesdol2cuey5j.png

Now you see the in the right side the text adviser_xy. This must are the name from your .bik and .wav file. The text from the Subtitle edit you?re in the Stronghold.mlb with a hexeditor.

Edited by Lord Stronghold

Welcome to StrongholdNation @Lord Stronghold! :)

Thanks for the awesome tutorial, this was really clear to understand.

Would you mind if I posted this on the main site as an article? (under your name of course) :)

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

@ EaglePrince, in the english Community Teutonen Ritter.

@ Lord_Chris, this was my First Regastration in the English Cummunety for a Download. My right name is Teutonen Ritter.

Please delete the Tutorials, but i have not the rights to overwork this. The current Tutorial are here:

http://stronghold.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forum/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,3965,,10

(I can not posted Links.)

EDIT:

Sorry for Double Post.

@ Lord_Chris, yes you can posted this, and it is from Author Teutonen Ritter.

I hope of a interesting discussion. :)

Edited by Lord_Chris
Merged double post & linkified link

Please delete the Tutorials, but i have not the rights to overwork this

Sorry, posts do not get deleted unless there are extenuating circumstances. Please see this topic for more information: http://forums.stronghold-nation.com/topic/122-account-rename-delete-post-removal-requests/

@ Lord_Chris, yes you can posted this, and it is from Author Teutonen Ritter.

I hope of a interesting discussion.

Thanks, I've posted it :)

http://www.stronghold-nation.com/article/168-adding-custom-messages-in-the-lotr-mod

Also the program linked to does not work, it says that a dll file is missing from my computer. Does the second and third parts work with steam versions of the game?

Unfortunately though, since your username is not Teutonen Ritter, the option is not available as the account does not exist.

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles