Mathew Steel

Stories for Maps

I've had some positive feedback on my stories for different maps recently and I'm glad to hear it as I really enjoy writing different backgrounds for different plots.

So if you want a background or storyline or even map idea, and you are otherwise occupied to do so, I'm here to help. Simply reply using this template:

Map Name-

Story requirements (if any)-

Story length (Short, Medium, Long)-

Here is an example:

Map Name- A Lord in a Canyon

Story requirements- Includes the Lord himself. Mentions an ally. Mentions enemy forts. Explains the objective.

Story length- Medium

Feel free to leave any additional information :)

Edited by Mathew Steel

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

Map name: Drowsiness is not a virtue

Story: Sir Grey being a very sleepy lord (from all his weight lifting). He had a habit of sleep walking although he had claimed to have overcome this years ago. When his servants went to look for him, however, he was not in his room. Later, Sir Grey sent a bird message all the way from bandit territory in Whittlesworth. Once a thriving fortress, this now derelict castle serves as a main hub for all outlaws. It is heavily guarded, and the outlaws do not seem to be aware of his presence. Yet. Sir Krydon, one of Sir Grey's best and most loyal knights, has been unofficially called up to rescue Sir Grey. Knowing there is no chance to mobilize such an army with a magnitude which could overpower Whittlesworth, he secretlu calls upon Matthew Steele, a former knight of the King before he was framed by Sir Edwin for killing the King. With a vengeance and yearning for justice, Matthew Steele is sent on a three man operation to rescue Sir Grey.

Map - should be a massive kingdom with many black enemies. Players must use stealth, tactics, strategy and a small element of luck in order to reach Sir Grey with the 3 assassins. Enemies should be placed so that the most obvious route is more risky and the more strategic route, though not easy to see, provides an easy route past patrols. Expect reinforcements if any assassins are killed.

Length: Long Depending on how well the map is made and what the logistics of it are, this puzzle should take at the very least 30 minutes to complete, an hour average- perhaps more depending on the skill of each player

Player Resources: No resource except the assassins should be given

Win Conditions: -The Assassins reach Sir Grey

Lose Conditions: - Every assassin is dead

- (For more skilled players) Time has run out

Just improvised this idea, though a stealth mission seems quite exciting if one can pull it off :)

35011y1.jpg

"To Strive, To Seek, To Find, And Not To Yield." - Alfred Tennyson

"Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori" - Wilfred Owen

Hahaha, you don't have to if you don't want to - it was merely a suggestion. ;)

35011y1.jpg

"To Strive, To Seek, To Find, And Not To Yield." - Alfred Tennyson

"Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori" - Wilfred Owen

Now that I have free time (and a lot of boring free time that is) I've decided since this map hasn't actually been created, that I might make a short novel on this idea, if that is okay with you of course as you thought of the idea? :)

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."