xiiMaRcLeoN

Is the DLC worth the money?

From what I can tell, personally, no. I don't think it's worth paying for the extra content because it doesn't dramatically improve the gameplay or add anything of real benefit to the game that it doesn't already have.

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

Well, I think it depents on what you are interested in and what you personally want from the game.

If you are mainly doing multiplayer against other players, then the new DLC adds nothing new for you, just like Lord Chris said.

The gamplay updates come as a free patch, anyway. You don't need to buy the DLC for that.

If you like to play multiplayer with some AI lords as opponents or allies added into the mix, well, then it is 2 more lords to choose from.

If you like single player skirmish then the DLC gives you a new trail with 7 missions to play through.

You may also want to consider the price. It is a rather cheap DLC and you may get a discount on top of that.

I only want to speak for myself here, but I got it for less money than I spent on a cinema ticket this weekend. The cinema ticket gave me a very enjoyable evening. The new trial will take me a few evenings to go through. :)

Edited by Nigel

Personally I'd say no. For someone who really enjoys singleplayer, I don't feel paying ?3 (or whatever it costs) for a few missions, when there are tons of free user created ones online! Just my opinion :P

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

If you're patient and/or broke, I suggest waiting for the Steam summer sales.

I'm not sure if the spring sales have come and gone (in New England this year there is no spring season :( ) but the summer sales are generally better. Not sure when those are coming up, however, but Steam seems to always be having some sort of sale. How else can you get $0.14 games? ;)

Mqb938i.png

Do you crave a life of adventure? Check out our Adventures in the Duchy of Riverborne and apply here to join the action!

Well, I bought the DLC because it was needed for my mod update. It doesn't add much, the two new Lords seem to be very weak. Their complete Castles were already in the games files and did not change with the DLC. So, it was already build in.

After all this game and lag problems, Firefly should have given this DLC for free.