Sir DavidSpy

Tutorial perspective request

I'm planning on making more tutorials for Stronghold Kingdoms in the near future, they'll probably just be video tutorials but we'll see how much time I have. Anyways I'd like to get the perspective of players unfamiliar with Stronghold Kingdoms, what mechanic would you like to see an in depth explanation of?

I'd say something on the research tree would be incredibly useful. While there is documentation on it in the Wiki, there isn't really much on it about what is best to be researched first, or a general overview of all the available items of research in the game and what they do, similar to my overview on the one in CivCity Rome actually.

I myself seem to be doing quite well in research and tend to just use my best judgement at the time I get new points, but I think some of this is probably down to luck and something more would certainly guide people new down the right track.

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

I myself have never played Kingdoms. Chris explained it to me a little in a lobby as we waited to play a match. It appealed to me. So if I needed to find video tutorials, I personally would like to see in-depth videos on more or less each key factor within the game. Not the basic things that most players could pick up, but the things players may not know.

Hopefully this helps somewhat :)

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

Wow, it's been almost a month already! Well I've put together a four part series which discusses which researches are rank-appropriate and possible synergies between them. They are all posted to my Stronghold Kingdoms fan site but you are free to link to them here as well.? http://stronghold-kingdoms-strategy.com/research/

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now