EaglePrince

Stronghold 1; May 10, 2015

May 10, 2015; 19:00 (Central European timezone, Novi Sad, Serbia)

(20:00, Moscow; 18:00, London; 10:00, Vancouver/San Francisco; 13:00 New York)

• Game: Stronghold 1
  • Version: 1.3, HD
  • Known participants:

1. @EaglePrince
  2. @LordBanshee
  3. tobikanne121

If there is anyone else who would like to take part in this game, please, let us know.

Edited by EaglePrince

I hope we will find the forth player too. We could play any four player map from your from your VK page.

Now when I mentioned it, I have noticed that you have put the link to the VK page on your profile. You could do the same with your signature if you want. That way people will more easily notice it. It is in Russian, but if someone can't handle a little bit of Russian he surely can translate the page using Google Translate or Bing Translate for example. :)

It is in Russian, but if someone can't handle a little bit of Russian he surely can translate the page using Google Translate or Bing Translate for example. :)

Google Chrome users can simply right click on the page, and then click "translate to English" - it is not perfect, but it works. :)

Also, good idea to advertise public gaming events on Heaven Games. Maybe we can draw some interest to this website from honorable behavior on the battlefield. :D

Mqb938i.png

Do you crave a life of adventure? Check out our Adventures in the Duchy of Riverborne and apply here to join the action!

Also, good idea to advertise public gaming events on Heaven Games. Maybe we can draw some interest to this website from honorable behavior on the battlefield. big_smile

That was my idea too! :D

Also, I did write "Stronghold Nation gaming event" at Steam Discussions, but I didn't put that into description at Stronghold Heaven, as I was worried that could be considered as advertising, but if tobikanne121, he will see that this is a Stronghold Nation gaming event. :)

I like the map, you made it very well! It is well balanced map, and it was exciting to fight on it, as there is enough space where one could move his army. Like in our battle the two can fight in the middle, in the north-east, or in the south-west. That is why I especially like how you made that lake in south-east.

I am sorry for going away so fast after the game was over, I was hungry like hell. :)

Regarding the war itself. :) After the peace time was over we started to gather our troops in front of our castles. As Lord Banshee had more crossbowmen outside his castle, I decided to build few trebuchets to shoot rock on his army. This helped me a little, and we were struggling there for a while. Some time later I decided to more north, to attack some of his buildings east of his castle. I was destroying his quarries, and his stables. He was using the same tactic against me too - he was also using his catapults against my troops. After a while I retreated from there, and I decided to gather my troops in the middle again, so I could destroy his economy buildings in front of his castle - he had workshops there. Now I had some more gold, and I had constructed catapults instead of trebuchets, so I could move them. Some time later I made some trebuchets too, so I could destroy his iron mines across the lake in hill - I was successful in this task. Then it seems that I had weakened Lord Banshee, and I noticed I had enough pikemen to attack his castle using siege towers, but I wanted to collect some more troops. I trained some more swordsmen, and I was able to train more then 100 spearmen - they would definitely be useful in this situation, although in the end I didn't use all those spears. I attacked him. I move siege towers forward, I ordered my troops to march towards his castle, including my troops in south-east. Luckily for me, lots of my troops had managed to climb Lord Banshees walls before he set his castle to fire. He still had crossbowmen on the walls, and the pikemen which climbed there managed to kill them. He had some more troops too - he had many swordsmen outside his castle, but luckily for me, he was unable to get them into the castle because of fire. I waited for fire to calm, and then I slayed his lord.. :)

This was a great game, but no less then any other game we played with Lord Banshee. :)

One thing I wanted to ask... Do you think it was ok that I was aiming at your army using my catapults and trebuchets? We do approve mangonels, trebuchets - I guess they are ok too, but somehow I felt bad when I was killing your army with catapults, only it was too late, as both of us began to do that. I mean, catapults do have better rate of fire, so a larger group of catapults can devastate an army.

I think that we should allow trebuchets hitting on troops deliberately, but catapults on troops - I guess we shouldn't allow that. Trebuchets have smaller rate of fire, and they cannot be moved once they've been placed, but if you feel like both of those shouldn't be allowed, then I would agree, as it is not much natural.

Also, it is something that players in Crusader 1 use - build around 30 catapults, but I don't like using that tactic. Today I was using similar tactic - but I approved it to myself by "here we have less gold then we do in Crusader 1, so it won't do that much harm"...

I'd like to hear others opinions.

Oh, I wanted to tell about catapults too. I think, we need to not allow a big congestions of catapults. Its easy to accumulate money for 10-20 catapults and they really easy can destroy 80% of army and they can destroy half of castle too. I saw this on SergiuHellDragon channel. Its need to limit amount of catapults/trebuchets to level which can not destroy enemy army so easy and which be able to destroy castle fortifications. Also, even shields can`t save you from mass of catapults. Later I will create my full vision of rules in stronghold.

Edited by LordBanshee

Well, regarding the use of catapults when it is about attacking a castle, it is untrue that they can easily destroy it. Maybe you can say that about trebuchets, as they have bigger range, and they can be placed behind some hills. Also, if one doesn't put them together in one place, they are not an easy target for defending mangonels. On the other hand, catapults have the same range as mangonels, and one they reach the range, mangonels destroy them instantly. They don't destroy them all, but very quickly mangonels will destroy most of catapults, which is most important. Only the defending player needs to have enough stone on his stockpile.

What do you say about not putting limit over catapults, but only not to allow deliberately attacking troops by catapults? Sometimes you do need a lot of catapults to destroy a castle walls, especially if the terrain suits the defender more.

And what allowing trebuchets to (deliberately) attack enemy troops?

I know one cannot for sure tell if someone deliberately shoot enemy troops with catapults, but it would be a matter of honor. :)

ADDITION: I have created a tread here about those rules. We could debate it there, if you wish. :)

Edited by EaglePrince

Nice to be able to see the battle, even if I missed watching it live :)

Does this mean that, when you stream a game, it also creates a video recording?

Or is this something you had to set up separately and in addition to the streaming?

If there are any more times you will play and need a player please message me : ]

http:// steamcommunity .com/id/hogaNmTw

Thanks for uploading the video, @LordBanshee. I had trouble watching the stream because my internet was having a bad day. :(

One minor complaint about the video (and the part of the stream that I was able to watch) was that the sound is very quiet. I usually keep my computer's volume between 5% and 30% depending on what I'm doing, and I have to raise my volume to 50% to hear the video. I hope I don't sound too grumpy, but it's a bit disturbing to have really loud noises happening when the video is quiet. Or maybe I just have acute hearing. :P

EDIT: Is it possible to change the settings of your recording software to fix this? Or is it that your computer's sound settings are set to low?

Mqb938i.png

Do you crave a life of adventure? Check out our Adventures in the Duchy of Riverborne and apply here to join the action!

This is settings I usually use, because I using an external sound card and it very loud for me. I didn`t change sound before upload. Thank you for advise, I will make a sound louder in future. Also, in next battle I want to increase video quality.

Edited by LordBanshee

I see, Lord Banshee want's to have a revenge, and he wants to make it a HD revenge. :D

It will be cool if I win in HD =)

I trying to change setting, but I not sure what settings I can to setup for game and watching without lags. It need be tested.

Generally, last video in HD too, but quality very low. I want to increase it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I find optimal settings for 1080p stream and want to test them =)

Edited by LordBanshee