EaglePrince

How to edit crusader.cfg and change the resolution for example?

Hi! The question says everything I think. I would like to see how this could be done, as a lot of players have this problem. Crusader HD, or Stronghold HD, is installed and the game chooses some high resolution which cannot be displayed, and because of this they get message "Out of range" or they simply get the black screen while they can hear the music and everything. I tried opening the file using notepad++, but I had no luck, I only saw some random characters, and lots of some "null"'s in black rectangles. After we find a way to change these settings manually I would make an article about it, or I could put this in this tread within the first message here.

I realize we could help by sending our config files, but I'm sure that's not what people want - maybe some of them have their own progress on Crusader trail, some of the campaigns, etc...

I will try out some other stuff as well, and yes - this is not a top priority, everything works fine to me. :) Only I wanted to make a text how to fix this issue "out of range", and post it here, and when someone has this issue we would be able to give him the link to that text at Stronghold Nation.

Thanks for reply, it's great to have it in our downloads section, and I'll keep that in mind, as lots of people ask for that. :) Still, our issue here is not unlocking missions, but changing resolution from some too high (which is being set by default) to 1024x768. They all have a game they are able to play but: to play it first they need to change the resolution to a lower one, but they can't do that cause when they run the game they only see the black screen. :)

Thanks for the link, this one is helpful. I may use that and try to make a tutorial or something for those people who have the issue... But it's damn wrong from Firefly that they ignore the problem, this guy told this to them about three years ago, and they've done nothing. I realize they want to show players "hey, look how great graphics you now have", but something goes wrong at some computers, and all one could do is copying the cfg from another computer, or plugging in another monitor so they could change what they need to change.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now