Andreas9541

Anyone played the Jackal and Khan DLC?

So I got the new DLC and I feel like I was trolled when I played the new skirmish missions. They are somewhat challenging but somewhat annoying but overall easy to complete except skirmish 9. I restarted this mission 5 times and I still haven't figured out how to beat it. It's ridiculously difficult. The attacks keep coming non stop with each attack more soldiers and I can't keep up.

Anyone beat it yet?

Hey, I already finished the dlc. It's pretty easy overall. I just had to think in 2 missions. I believe it was mission 4 or 5 and the one where you have 6 enemies against you. The goal was to build a large tower and put crossbowman on it as fast as you can. The large unit amount will overrun you if you just use archers.

I liked that they put an extra mission :)

TeamMuppet.eu

Hey, I already finished the dlc. It's pretty easy overall. I just had to think in 2 missions. I believe it was mission 4 or 5 and the one where you have 6 enemies against you. The goal was to build a large tower and put crossbowman on it as fast as you can. The large unit amount will overrun you if you just use archers.

I liked that they put an extra mission :)

I have only used this strategy once in the previous DLC and I didnt think i was going to need it again. Thanks for the tip man.

Finally after so many hours of playing I beat it. That was by far the most challenging of them all. I ended up with a score of 376k and I killed a total of 10k enemy troops.?

Have any tips you'd like to share now you've beat it?

Also if you could upload a saved game (if you have one) that would be awesome. I'm sure other people in your position would love to have one. :)

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

Have any tips you'd like to share now you've beat it?

Also if you could upload a saved game (if you have one) that would be awesome. I'm sure other people in your position would love to have one. :)

I have saved it but it's up to the point where only the last enemy exists for the people who only want to just beat it to get the achievement. I don't know how to find the save file though. If you give me some instructions I can happily send it to the admin for upload.

As for the players who want to beat it from the ground up (normal mode) then I highly advise you to do the following:

1) (credits to Micha) As soon as you start the game, build a big tower near your keep (and away from Richard) and a barracks behind it so you won't need to waste any more rock on stairs. Use the remaining stone to build an armory (buy more stone if you must) and buy armor and crossbows. You are only going to be able to recruit 5 crossbow men at this point because you are strapped for cash, but you need them badly.

2)Build as many wood cutters as possible

3) (This should be at the top) Build your granary next to the grass and start building farms, apple orhards etc. You can't afford the wood to set up bread production for now. You are going to be getting non-stop attacks and you will need to build your economy as you defend your castle.

4)Try to get as much stone quarrys as early as possible because the stone that you get will allow you to make a lot of gold early on so you can sell it and buy more crossbow men. (I managed to build 4 but I suspect that I could do 5 if my hand was steadier XD ) Basically the 3 things you should be concerned with at the begining is: a) stone production b) crossbow men c) various foods to be able to ask 2x taxes

5) At this point you should have enough money and soldiers, towers to defend your castle. You should have a bunch of crossbow men, archers, healers on your towers (I recommend 3 spread out equally) and squires on the ground to delay the armoured units or stop slaves from burning your buildings. But it's no time to relax yet.

6) You need to move your towers to the front line as much as possible in order to mess up Richard's economy.

Then it's up to your imagination on how to take him down. I build 4-5 catapults, 25 archers to kill soldiers on his keep and a 20 Arabian swordsmen to finish him. Again it's no time to relax. You need to take out the Jackal. This time you will be able to build some weapon buildings (I recommend 3 armourers, 3 cross bow makers). Move them along the edge of the map to avoid all the invasions. Now you can relax a bit. Build your bread production set up and erase your farms, start iron production and automatically sell it along with stone, more weapon production etc.

7) Once you take out the Jackal you need to beef up your defences. Use the bow towers and magonels to destroy siege equipment easier. Put 3-4 sergeants on the towers that wolf is attacking (he sends multiple waves of crossbow men who do a lot of damage despite your advantage). From then on you need brute force to power through all the invasions from the only path that is available for invasion. Put your crossbow men in carriers so they can shoot and move at the same time and recruit a boatload of Arabian swordsmen to kill the other units. I had about 50 cross bow men and 60 swordsmen at that point.

Conclusion: It's by far the most challenging skirmish I ever had. I'm planning on playing it again on custom skirmish mode with resource advantage and extra time just for the fun of it.

Edited by Andreas9541

I have saved it but it's up to the point where only the last enemy exists for the people who only want to just beat it to get the achievement. I don't know how to find the save file though. If you give me some instructions I can happily send it to the admin for upload.

Saves can be found in the folder C:\Users\\Documents\stronghold crusader 2\saved games. You can upload via this link: http://www.stronghold-nation.com/downloads/submit/

Thanks! :)

That sounds like it's a very hard mission - thanks for the detailed guide, I'm sure it will help many other people. :)

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

Saves can be found in the folder C:\Users\\Documents\stronghold crusader 2\saved games. You can upload via this link: http://www.stronghold-nation.com/downloads/submit/

Thanks! :)

That sounds like it's a very hard mission - thanks for the detailed guide, I'm sure it will help many other people. :)

I uploaded the file. I hope the .zip works.?

Good luck for the guys who want to beat the challenge from the beginning. And don't try to cheat by skipping ahead to skirmish 10 on that DLC. Go through the 9th and then breeze through the last one as a reward for kicking a**. :)?:P

This are some screen shots of the final form of my economy:

html>

Edited by Andreas9541