Strife

Video tutorial: Realistic Mountains

I recorded this some time back in August showing you how you can make realistic mountain terrain.?

As the video states, this only covers the mountain itself, not the surrounding area. It was fairly rushed, but covers basic detailing, which really is just littering the area with rocks and bushes, and how to create Himalayan cliffs as well.

Video summary:

1. Start lowest to highest

2. Use small brushes of equalizer and raise/lower land

3. Close your eyes and click everywhere with small details (i.e. dirt, rocks, bushes, trees)

This is a very neat trick! Thanks for sharing - it sure will come in useful, I'll definitely try this out on my next map. :)

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• A map editor tutorial

Now I'm sure others such as Lord_Vetka have made tutorials for this already, I have wanted to do this for a while, since the Stronghold 2 editor is my strongpoint. I hope these hints and tips help you out when creating your very own Stronghold 2 map. Whether it's Kingmaker, Free Build, a War Scenario or a Peace Scenario! Plus, the guide has pictures! :D   Key - Green = New topic Blue = Sub topic   Introduction The first thing you should know about the Stronghold 2 map editor is that n

in Stronghold 2

• New Tutorial - Modifying Crusader 2

I've posted this on the main site under a tutorial, but since this helps people to modify the game files which wasn't possible beforehand, I'll post a link to it here: http://www.stronghold-nation.com/article/167-enable-viewing-all-game-files   This can be a help thread in case people need assistance with it :)

in Stronghold Crusader 2

• The making of Stronghold 2 (video)

Hey guys, check out this video. https://youtu.be/560UuJstw6k   Several days ago we were discussing about the engine they used to use for Stronghold 2. After 4:15 they even say few things about the engine. Apparently it they picked some engine, and they made a lot of changes into it. I thought you might find this video interesting cause we were mentioning the engine recently.

in Stronghold 2

• Epic Stronghold 2 Video Serial

I have decided to start a video serial with Stronghold 2 about the empire in Warhammer. I have already brought up 2 apisodes in English and 4 in German (those will be the available languages) I'm really sorry, but i lost some video segments for part 3 of the english version, but i'm going to upload part 4 really soon (english).   I'm using my own maps for this.   I'm trying to upload 1 video a week.   And i will put the links for the Playlists on youtube into my account.   But here you get the l

in Stronghold 2

• Stronghold 2 Tutorial for games starting as a freeman

Hi. This is a video I recently made. Today I was editing it, because I was called on my phone at some moment. I wanted to cut that part.   I hope this will help those who find it easier to play starting with 5000 gold or more. It's a short 25 minutes video. There's nothing exciting to see in the video, but I hope it's going to be helpful.   The video turned out to be low quality, so I will try to convert it again, and re-upload it. Hopefully I would turn out to be better after uploading.

in Stronghold 2