Lord_Chris

Announcing Stronghold's biggest ever competition!

52-weeks-of-stronghold-with-firefly-studios.jpg

52 Weeks of Stronghold

Welcome, Lords and Ladies, to Stronghold's biggest ever competition! Real prizes, real contests and real challenges await you! Over the next 52 weeks of 2016, we will challenge you, and you will challenge yourself, to become a better gamer.

Each Monday the admin team will post a new challenge in the new forum 52 weeks of Stronghold. The challenges will be fairly open ended and encourage you to explore and create something unique for it.

In order to complete the challenge, you could make something very basic to see how the game works using the tutorials and resources that we will provide to you. Whatever you feel comfortable with, but we would like you to at least attempt the challenge and explore some techniques.

Prizes!

StrongholdNation has teamed up with Firefly Studios, and we can now announce that at the end of 2016, a random member from the full list of winners will receive a steam code for every single Firefly game, all the Stronghold Crusader 2 DLC and a Firefly Studios T-Shirt.

Each submission is rated in a scale of 1 to 3, (1 is the lowest and 3 is the highest) and the points are re-calculated on a weekly basis by the admin team. The winner of each week will be the person with the most points - or if multiple people have the same amount of points the member who clearly puts in the most effort.

At the end of 2016, the five members with the most number of weeks that they have won will receive a steam code for every Firefly game and all the Stronghold Crusader 2 DLC. Additionally, a random user from all previous winners will be selected, and will win a steam code for every Firefly game and all the Stronghold Crusader 2 DLC. Users can be entered into the draw more than once, e.g. by winning more than one week. So obviously to increase your chance of winning, enter as many weeks as you can!

Note: The top five winners who have won the most weeks will not be eligible for the random draw.

How do I enter?

To enter the contest, simply participate in a challenge for that particular week. Post in the thread and let the team member know you want to get involved, and then follow the instructions for that week. It's as simple as that! There are no restrictions on the amount of weeks you must do - you do what you feel comfortable with. You might choose to enter one single week, or maybe even all of them!

The first challenge will be posted on the 4th of January 2016. Follow #52WeeksStronghold on Facebook or Google Plus for instant updates!

Promotions!

Unrelated to the contest, but we have some more member promotions to announce! @Crusader1307 has been one of the most active members here and it's my pleasure to announce we have now promoted him to the rank of Moderator! His wonderful skills have not gone unnoticed by us, and the amount of quality content he has produced for us every single day of this year is not even on the scale. I'd like to be the first to wish him a hearty congratulations!

has really shone a light on some mapping tricks in Stronghold 2, and with the amount of tricks he has already shown us, I feel he should be made a permanent member of the experts group. Congratulations [user]tokamaps], and thank you for providing us with such good quality content! Congratulations and thank you!

I'm delighted to see what other mapping tricks you still have to provide!

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

This sounds very nice, Chris.

52 challenges - great - I have no idea what they could be but I am sure that I will try several of them. :D

Also, congratulations to Crusader and Tokamaps for your well deserved promotions.

I congratulate both of you on your promotions, guys. :)

Oh, and regarding the competition, it sounds awesome! Hmm, oh and that exam I need to pass these days - to the heck needs that!? :D I'm just joking, but I will try to participate, and I will let know some other friends of mine (from GameRanger) about this competition. It is great that you managed to make the prize for this! I will let people know at Slavic Warlords as well.

PS: Nice bad a** castle in the background there. :cool:

Edited by EaglePrince

WOW! Gone for a Week and ?elected? CAESAR! (Ave! Ave!) or ? as Maximus would say ?Are You NOT Entertained?? Seriously, I would like to thank our Lord Chris for such an honor, bestowed upon a ?humble? Scribe. I am both proud and humble.

I would also like to thank ?The Nation? as a whole. Without my ?Readers?, dare say I would still be a lowly ?Serf?. In the year that I have been a Member of ?Stronghold Nation?, I have made many friends and learned much about our beloved ?Stronghold? Series of games.

I look forward to 2016 and our exciting ?52 Weeks of Stronghold? Contest. No doubt, many of your talents will shine forth. I can't wait to see some of the Entries.

As for ?The Threads?, I am sure we will see (and read) much! New Articles and series planned in ?The History Thread?, More ?Monsters and Myths? to ponder and amaze and, no doubt ? some more ?Visitors? from Alien Worlds.

Again Thank You Chris,

Crusader1307

Edited by Crusader1307

Yes, you're a big addition to the site, and we're looking forward to seeing many more article yet! :D

Useful Articles

Update

I've been in contact with Firefly and the prizes have changed slightly. We will now be giving away 6 prizes, and each prize will contain all the Stronghold Crusader 2 DLC and a steam code for every Firefly game.

Each submission is still rated in a scale of 1 to 3, (1 is the lowest and 3 is the highest) and the points are still re-calculated on a weekly basis by the admin team. Additionally, the winner of each week will be the person with the most points - or if multiple people have the same amount of points the member who clearly puts in the most effort.

However - now at the end of 2016, the five members with the most number of weeks that they have won will receive a steam code for every Firefly game and all the Stronghold Crusader 2 DLC. Additionally, a random user from all previous winners will be selected, and will win a steam code for every Firefly game and all the Stronghold Crusader 2 DLC. Users can also still be entered into the draw more than once, e.g. by winning more than one week.

Note: The top five winners who have won the most weeks will not be eligible for the random draw.

Useful Articles

Hiya, this is impressive stuff, hopefully I'll get a chance to join in with some of it :)

'...But be not afraid of jesters; some are born jesters, some achieve jesters and some have jesters thrust upon them'

Sounds like I may need some.... Strategy... har har...

See you on the battlefield!

Once more into the fray, into the last great fight I shall ever know...

"A wolf does not concern himself with opinions of sheep"

Glad to have you with us @Fail Session! You will not be disappointed! :)

Useful Articles

Hear ye, The Strategist is back !

I look forward to be crossing swords with you again, Fail Session. Or building castles, or kicking the Wolf's backside, or whatever the 52 weeks will bring us.

Tomorrow we will learn of the first challange. :D

And the first challenge has just been posted! You can view it here: http://forums.stronghold-nation.com/topic/666-week-1-stronghold-2/

Useful Articles

HEAR YE, LORDS AND LADIES.......

With the blessing of our Lord Chris, (and based on a suggestion by Tokamaps), I will be creating an "Index" for The History Thread. This will enable you to "look up" a particular "Article" from "The History Thread" and find what Page it is located on. This "daunting" task will be worthy of a "Quest", so give me some time to properly format it and decide which way I will be presenting it. Per form however - it will probably NOT be alphabetical. This is due to the additional of future articles (not sure). Check back from time to time for it's "official launching"!

Edited by Crusader1307

Just an update. The index IS progressing. Stay tuned. It takes a while to alphabetize over 1,700 articles. ?:)

Edited by Crusader1307

YeAr great!

I Wanted to say my opinion of the fact so few people joining the competition.

I was surprised that only in the First week some had been joined.

Well, Chris only started advertising it outside of the SHN (on official forum and Steam) at the end of January.

I guess it takes time for the word to spread.

But also, I was thinking perhaps it could be interesting to make a Leader Board for this contest.

Many competitive players are motivated by the possibility of seeing their name on the top - more than by winning some pizes.

I think it would be nice and it would also help everyone to see "where they stand". :)

It could be done by making a simple table and adding it to the first post of the threads (like I did for the Siege That contest).

That's a good idea @Nigel. I'll try and make a dynamic real-time results board on the main site that will be linked to every week, that could help improve competitiveness.

@Tokamaps - you won week 1 ;)

Useful Articles

Not quite sure what you mean by "pass or clear", but yes, you won it clearly.

Useful Articles