Lord_Chris

15, 16, 17th July - Stronghold 2

Stronghold Legends multiplayer again!

June 15, 16, 17, 2014; 18:00 (GMT +1, London)

• Game: Stronghold 2
  • Version: 1.4.1
  • Known participants:

1. Lord_Chris
    2. EaglePrince

The main events will start at 13:00 (1:00 PM) EST, which equals 18:00 (6:00 PM) GMT.

We will be using Game Ranger - Look at @EaglePrince's thread here for my Game Ranger ID to friend me. This will make such events in the future easier to co-ordinate. We will wait a maximum of fifteen minutes after the event time for latecomers - so please be prompt!

Also feel free to ask any questions about the event. :)

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

OK then, I'll change one to SH2, but I'll see which days Bradley can come too first. Hope he can come, I'll have to crush him on SHL like he did with me on SH2 :)

Also, did you solve the problem with Stronghold Crusader, Chris?

Well, I've got a new copy, but it won't install on Windows 8 so I'll have to see if I can install in on my windows 7 machine and copy the files across when I have time.

Edited by Lord_Chris

Useful Articles

I didn't know about this issues with Stronghold Crusader and Windows 8 until recently... Do you know anything about others? Have some others managed it to solve this?

By the way, I wanted to tell that I won't be able to play on July 17, as I won't be at home whole day. But I would be able to play the other two days Stronghold 2, if you decide to play Stronghold 2 at one of those days.

At the moment, we'll just take it that Stronghold 2 is going ahead for both days. If anyone posts in the meantime then we'll change one to Legends if necessary and the 17th isn't enough.

Useful Articles

Ok, we'll play Arden today & 3 man's land tomorrow. Maybe Lord Vetka will join us too, if he's got his 1.4.1 installed?

Useful Articles

Hmm. It's certainly very detailed, the terrain is perfect, fairly balanced, it's enclosed which is good, has pitch which I like to use, however: there isn't much building space.

I played with Sir William, and he couldn't get his castle built properly due to the lack of space. To think you'd have to build a castle and get a production out of that small space makes it fairly hard. I think if there's just the two of us still, the best one would be 3 man's land. It's got a lot of estates, big building space for a bigger castle, you can afford to spread things out a bit and contains a couple of choke points as well.

Edited by Lord_Chris

Useful Articles

Updated title and game to Stronghold 2 in main post.

Useful Articles

ok I hopefully il be able to make 17th game looks. I should be able to I just need to not lose track of time and miss it

Ok, glad to hear :) There should be a spanish person from gameranger as well, he sent me a PM last night asking about it. We'll play three man's land again, it's got loads of space for building.

Useful Articles

Lobby is now up in GameRanger with the usual game username & "shn" as the password.

Useful Articles

hmmmmmm wouldnt let me join in it just keept kicking me out

tried restarting the game but says it in session and cant late join ect.......

Ok, I'll re-create the room for it in gameranger

Useful Articles

Yes, I am. Tell you what, you host it. I'll end this one and you host it with the same details

Useful Articles

** Match continues Tomorrow @ 6PM UK time **

Useful Articles