Lord_Chris

Stronghold Crusader Background...

The news has been replaced on our homepage by topics from the announcements forum. So rather than this being lost I thought I would add this into the stronghold crusader forum.

Saladin, leader of the vast Arabian armies, has retaken the city of Jerusalem from the European invaders that have occupied it for most of the last century. Much of the rest of the Middle East also falls to Saladin in a sweeping military triumph that wipes out the European victories of the First and Second Crusades. Saladin proclaims western rule of the region at an end.

The recently crowned King Richard I reorganizes the European armies and embarks on a Third Crusade to halt Saladin's advance and retake lost territory. The fierce bravery displayed by the outnumbered and outgunned armies led by Richard would earn him the title of ?The Lionheart?, but he would only partially succeed in his goal of restoring European rule to the Middle East. With the fight at a stalemate and Jerusalem remaining in Saladin's hands despite a lengthy siege, King Richard finally agrees to Saladin's terms for cease-fire.

Peace - but for how long?

With a desert backdrop set during a time of both chivalry and brutality, Firefly Studios' Stronghold Crusader puts you in the role of either the daring and courageous Richard the Lionheart or the cunning and formidable Saladin. Can you fight your way through the blistering desert heat to conquer your opponent's seemingly impenetrable fortress? Will the castle be defended and the invaders repelled in humiliating defeat? Now you can alter the course of history.

Stronghold Crusader is the next installment in Firefly Studios' Stronghold series of ?castle sims?, combining the best elements of real-time strategy and city-building games. Stronghold Crusader builds and improves upon the gameplay of the original Stronghold with the inclusion of new types of warriors and workers, new weapons, and a new desert setting that forces new fighting tactics on the battlefield.

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

I like how this text was written - very interesting, and informing for younger players.

Still, just not to misinform those younger ones, I'd like to add this. Saladin (or Salahadin) was one of the greatest and wisest rulers of all time. He was, everything what you can see about him in Stronghold Crusader: wise, just, fair, kind... In one battle when Richard lost his horse, Saladin sent him another one, after he noticed how bravely he was fighting! Saladin was the one who spared Christian after taking Jerusalem, and he didn't take away their dignity. This could be because he was a noble ruler, but he was certainly one of the wisest, and he know that one evil leads to another.

So there were two kings - both of them were noble and great rulers, and great warriors, but those were the circumstances: they were in opposite sides, and each of those sides had their side of story. :)

I also wanted to add that Saladin are indeed, the wise, the kind, the just etc. When Richard and his troops fell ill, Saladin sends a team of his own personal doctor to gave them a proper medication & treatement. He also sends them supplies and gave Richard snow for his fever! Saladin also tells his soldier not to harm any woman, children, old people and regular townsfolk. And also not destroying any lifestock, farms, well and religious building whenever he and his army are sieging a city

But, if only Frederick wasnt drowned, Phillip didn't fell ill history wouldve been different tho :). Imagine the 3 most powerful monarch and military genius from Europe fighting together. And also, don't forget about Frederick's massive army.

Hmm, today I learned something new. :) I didn't know what happened to Philip. Or at least I don't remember reading much about him, but speaking of his character in Crusader 1, I think he is made too weak, and I find it too unjust to him. I mean, he should be having at least a little bit better tactics that Pig for example, but instead of that he uses spearmen, and his castle is not an impressive one either.

I believe that phillip fell ill and he was retreating to france buthe still left some of the troops left in holly land

I do think so too! At least he should use a swordsmen/pikemen and spearmen or something. At least make like marshall but with better offensive tactic. And use that a lot of stables to full potential.

Well, thanks for the addition to the background, and welcome to the site! :)

That useful info is certainly worth a rep point from me ;)

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

Thank you for your warm welcome and kindness Lord Chriss :)

I would like also to note that a land called so small called 'holy' and the birthplace of 3 largest religion has been a placce where a lot of blood has been spoiled :(