EaglePrince

Stronghold Crusader: June 29, 2014

Hi, I'd like if we could gather at sunday, and play a Stronghold Crusader game. I hope Chris has solved this issue with game version. If not, I would be grateful to other, if they would reinstall the game, just so we could all gather and have fun. At this moment, my game version is 1.2, but I can easily patch for this event to version 1.3. As about the map - I am open to suggestions. Also, please let me know about the version - what version should we agree to play?

June 29, 2014; 19:30 (GMT +2, Belgrade)

• Game: Stronghold Crusader
  • Version: 1.2 (and 1.1)
  • Known participants:

1. EaglePrince
  2. Lord_Chris
  3. bradley0095

Sadly, Bradley didn't make to solve the problem with his game, so Chris and I played alone. We player one against the other: me having one ally - Snake, and he having four allies - Pig, Caliph, and two Wolfs. Fights were pretty intense, as my allies castle was nearly destroyed by attacks of one of Wolfs, and I was defending him. In the same time I was fighting other AI lords. After lots of great fight I did manage to kill Pig, Caliph and Wold (the one who was closer to me, and which was attacking me. It was the other one who was attacking Snake). After this, we have decided to stop fighting, and we would continue it tomorrow (or any time fits us most). For this reason, I am creating another form in which we would agree when to continue the game.

This is my proposal:

June 30, 2014; 19:30 (GMT +2, Belgrade)

• Game: Stronghold Crusader
  • Version: 1.2 (and 1.1)
  • Participants:
  • EaglePrince
  • Lord_Chris

Edited by EaglePrince

If my game's arrived by then I'll join, but if you haven't heard back assume it's a no.

EDIT: Didn't read all of your post - thanks, I'll wait until we decide which version to play :)

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

As you still don't know whether your game will arrive till Sunday, we will wait until Saturday, and then we will decide. My idea at this moment is to have the list of players who would want to join, and you are among them (as far as I understood it now).

For this reason, I would be pleased if anyone who would want to join the game, let us know - no matter what version he, or she, prefers, or what version he, or she, is able to play with.

OK, it still hasn't arrived - and I'd be busy tonight anyway, so I'm afraid I'm out today :(

Useful Articles

I have updated event description. Since no one else, but me and Chris, was willing or able to play, I have decided to announce that we will play 1.2 version (with which 1.1 is also compatible). For this reason all players that have some non HD version of Stronghold Crusader may join.

Also, I'm not sure did Chris want to say he'd be busy this evening, or yesterday evening? :)

I'd be busy tonight anyway

The event is schedules for tomorrow evening. :)

I was miles away yesterday :)

OK, 1.2. What time shall we play then?

Useful Articles

Ah didn't see. Right ok, I'll be there :)

Useful Articles

stronghold crusader hmmm I maybe up to join got to install it first though

EDIT:

hmmmm get and error about my data 2 file at 85% hmmmm

What is the error?

Useful Articles

ok I think my data 2 file is corrupt as I cant copy it to harddrive

I looked it up my data2.cab file is corrupt

I got the stronghold crusader version 1.2 disk copy

You're on Windows 8, aren't you? Did it work on an earlier version? - it could just be a OS issue

Useful Articles

What is the exact message you get when installing?

Useful Articles

it always happened by pure luck I got to work on my mate computer once and I copied the file from it before but that's was a while ago me and my mate and a few harddrive wipes and that since then lol so yh it just file on my disk is corrupt I trying to find a copy of the file online but no luck so far. unless someone wants to add me on Skype and send me a copy of the file be much appreciated. kinda gutted as the case I got for stronghold crusader is nice and the disk even better got red cross and that looks lovley lol

If you're talking about an illegal copy of the game when you talk about getting one online, then no one here will assist you in looking for that or helping you getting one - it is against the site rules, sorry.

How long ago did you get the disk, and from where?

Useful Articles

one sec I'll try installing again and type the exac error out but I already looked it up its says if I cant copy it to the harddrive from disk I I'll have to get it replaced or buy a new copy and I aint buying a new one as I already bought 1 and I doubt they still replace them

EDIT:

http://www.fireflyworlds.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=166&Itemid=242#admin

Q. I get a feature: is_string_not_defined. error: data error (cyclic redundancy check)

A. This error is usually caused by a damaged disk; you may want to try cleaning the disk first and then try to reinstall Stronghold Crusader. If this fails you could attempt to copy the disk to the hard drive. Using a program, such as this one to attempt to get the data from the damaged area of the disk: http://www.kvipu.com/CDCheck/

If all else fails return the game and get a replacement or contact Take 2 for a replacement: Click here.

that's the error I get data error

and its says the file causing the error is data2

EDIT 2:

got the disk like 7-8years ago

and if I recall correctly got it as a present

There's nothing else you can do then - you'll have to contact take2 for a replacement. You do have the official copy, so it should get replaced. How long has this error been going on for that you remember?

They will still replace it probably as it's still supported by them. I've just bought a new copy (not from them though), so hopefully they'll just send a replacement out soon.

P.S. Double Posting makes it more complicated to read topics - I've merged your other three posts above, but for future reference, could you edit rather than post again?

Useful Articles

sure no problem and problem started happening 5-6 years ago. if I recall correctly I played it on a laptop at first then laptop broke within the year I got the game and got my self a new comp like a year later and it wouldn't install onwards but then didn't bothered too much as I had stronghold 2 and legends and original stronghold

It's certainly very puzzling, but you'd be best contacting take 2. Hope you get it sorted in the end :)

Useful Articles

It may be possible that the DVD reader is making problems. I had similar problem - on one PC I was able to install a game from one disc, and on the other one I wasn't able - just like in your case, bradley. I would suggest you yo try to copy those files to another PC, or to install the game, and see what happens.

Unfortunately it's not as simple as just copying files - I believe it modifies (or adds values into) regedit so by just copying files it wouldn't work - though I may be wrong.

** EDIT **

There's a thought - is regedit disabled?

Edited by Lord_Chris

Useful Articles

I know almost nothing about regedit. :/ But speaking about what I said - I know it's not as simple as copying files sometimes, but I only mean on it, as a way to check if the DVD reader is the one that makes problems.

Also, if it is the case, then you may create an image of the disc using deamon tools, and open the image file on the computer on which you want to install the game. There are also some option in those emulation tools, thanks to which you can open the disc, and the disc to be recognized as original copy. It is a great thing, as it happens to people to damage the disc by those constant inserting into DVD drive...