Lord_Chris

Signature of The Month July

Last month, the winner was Charles of Tours for our "kingdoms and empires of medieval Europe and the Middle East" themed contest.

Charles of Tours has deliberated upon the following theme:

Coat of Arms / Crest / or other decorative Heraldry

He clarified with:

The competitors should create a Coat of Arms / Crest / or other decorative Heraldry to put on the image, either of a certain house, title, country, or of their own design. For standardization, it should be presented in the form of a shield.

Oh, and if you are considering joining in, it wouldn't hurt to drop in a note so I hurry along those "last minute" sort of people! :)

The contest will run until the 20th of July, and after this date the voting will begin. But do remember... the longer you have your signature posted, the more people will notice it!

Basic Rules: http://forums.stronghold-nation.com/topic/94-announcing-signature-of-the-month/

Good luck!

** Voting **

Lord_Chris

sotm3.png

Charles of Tours

Mqb938i.png

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

My image has been uploaded and is now in my signature.

sotm3.png

Useful Articles

A splendid submission indeed, and just in time as well! :)

What image editing software do you use?

Useful Articles

I just wanted to let you know, I didn't apply for this competition, as I already have my personal crest that I use in games, and I was working on it for some time. I was making various versions, until I got this one I like. :)

You guys both did a great job. :) Also, when I saw Charles's crest - it looks like something I was thinking about. I meant to create a crests with my (well known) shield, and to add those other stuff, such as flags and helmet, in background. I may create it, just to show you, what was my idea. :) In fact, now I am thinking about using that as my new avatar. :D

What image editing software do you use?

I searched the internet for some time, looking for a decent coat of arms designer. I found this, after some looking, and it seems the best free one that I've stumbled across:

http://rpg.uplink.fi/heraldry/?template=main

I have a decent antivirus program and had no tech problems with the website. To begin, press "Create Coat of Arms." A good idea is to press the "Update" button after every facet you add, to see how it looks. After creating, I pressed the "PNG" button on the lower right, which allows you to download the image. From there, I centered it and added the colored background (and text because I forgot) in Paint.NET (which explains the mild distortion).

Mqb938i.png

Do you crave a life of adventure? Check out our Adventures in the Duchy of Riverborne and apply here to join the action!

That's a very good link, most of the time I try to create things online as it's easier, I normally use places such as bannerfans which make it easy, but obviously it doesn't work out :)

Useful Articles

These are nice online tools indeed. Although, I do believe that Gimp would be way better, if you played around a little with it. :)

This way you have way more freedom in creating anything you want. If anyone needed any help, I could help him. ;)

Nevertheless, these tools you found are really useful, and they have some nice options. Only you would be able to use some resources, which you found on internet or however, more easily.

Voting has begun - see first post of the topic to vote

Useful Articles

I know it might be off topic now, but it is related to this subject. I only want to show off with my new crest I had created. :)

grbeagleprincehelmwithmantlezashn11.png

The idea was to create this image so I could use ti as my avatar, and also to create a banner which would have this manner on it, but it's pretty late for it right now.

PS. I hope Chris can forgive me for putting knight helmet on my crest, as I am not a knight at this forum - at least not yet. :)

Very good job, that looks very artistic and loads better than the old one.

PS. I hope Chris can forgive me for putting knight helmet on my crest, as I am not a knight at this forum - at least not yet.

Hmm, I don't know about that.... :)

Useful Articles

Thanks, Chris. :)

Nice idea with that new forum. By the way, now when you showed it to me, perhaps my topics for Stronghold Crusader faces and crests and Stronghold 2 crests could be moved there? I was asking you to make those two topic of mine sticky, but this would be the best solution.

Okey dokey, moved :)

Useful Articles

And since only two votes have been submitted, the contest is a draw! But seen as there is only one signature badge and you've won last month, I'll keep that this time. I'll send you a PM with a theme in mind, and we can decide on one together.

Useful Articles