EaglePrince

Stronghold Crusader: July 31, 2014

Hi, I hope you might be interesting for one Stronghold Crusader game.

July 31, 2014; 19:00 (GMT +2, Novi Sad)

• Game: Stronghold Crusader
  • Version: HD (1.3)
  • Known participants:

1. EaglePrince
  2. Bradley0095
  3. Lord_Vetka
  4. Sille (GR ID: 1534165)

Edited by EaglePrince

I'm glad you're in, Bradley!

By the way, for all members who have HD versions... Would that be possible for you to reinstall the game, and to play with non-HD version. Later you could patch it to HD.

I don't know about Chris, but I believe he won't be able to play HD version.

If not - not a great problem, I only meant that this way more of us could play. :)

I haven't solved my installation issue yet, and if I'm perfectly honest I don't really think that I'll be able to either. I only see two options:

1.) I install it on my windows 7 machine (if it works) and play there, or connect with remote desktop and play from my laptop.

2.) I install it there and attempt to copy the files across (which is highly likely to fail due to the fact SHC has registry entries)

I'll let you know how it goes, but for the moment just assume I'm out.

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

I'm trying to figure out when you want to play and the time zones.

Right now it's 7:42 AM July 30 and in Novi Sad it's 4:42 Pm July 30.

You want to play at 1900, that would be 7:PM, in about 2 hours.

That would be 10:AM my time, did I get that right?

I don't have HD setup and I guess you would use 1.2.

Don't mind me, I don't play online very often, is Gameranger how you would play, and what map would you use?

I might be able to play tomorrow, give you guys someone new to beat up=)

And if I got that right, it should also be 6 PM my time?

I might be able to play tomorrow, give you guys someone new to beat up=)

That will probably be me - I can't seem to get back into the SHC routine now :)

Useful Articles

That would be 10:AM my time, did I get that right?

That's right, my timezone is 8 hours ahead of your timezone.

I can play both - HD and non-HD version. I mean, I would patch the game, if needed.

Bradley, is it possible for you to install non-HD Crusader? If you have installation for HD only, maybe you could download somehow installation for non-HD Crusader, and play it by inserting your disc for HD.

Yes, we would play it using GameRanger. By the way, Chris, would that be possible to enable members to insert our GameRanger ID, so it could be visible with our profile? I mean, in a way, like you made messaging section - I guess this one should be inside personal - besides email address. Also, it is not that important - we can also deal to add this ID to our signatures, or something like that. :)

We haven't taught about a map yet - at least I haven't. If no one has any other suggestions, we could play The Wet Land again, but I can have a look at maps, and see if we could play some other.

Right now there are four of us who could like to play - I would be happy if we could all play it together. :)

EDIT

That's right.

Also, we might be able to play a similar game like the two us us played that day. To bring in AI lords as our allies, give them 8000 gold, and without no rush. This way those AI lords would distract the other team, and give a chance to the team which would be considered as the one with less chances to win otherwise.

Edited by EaglePrince

That's great, I will try and be there for tomorrow.

I can't find my id number for Gameranger, where should I look, I've asked in the other thread as well.

Edit: And I just found it, Thanks Chris

I will give you my id again, Sir_Vet 318728

6 digits, that's an old number, it's been a while=)

like you made messaging section

I didn't make it - it was part of the forum by default :)

I'll remove one of the fields from the messaging section and replace it with that, it makes more sense, plus they are way out dated anyway.

I've asked in the other thread as well

And I've just answered :)

http://forums.stronghold-nation.com/post/1044/#p1044

Edited by Lord_Chris

Useful Articles

I'll remove one of the fields from the messaging section and replace it with that, it makes more sense, plus they are way out dated anyway.

I agree. Thanks, I believe this one will be more useful. :)

I also meant to post this again, so it would not stay unnoticed.

That's right.

Also, we might be able to play a similar game like the two us us played that day. To bring in AI lords as our allies, give them 8000 gold, and without no rush. This way those AI lords would distract the other team, and give a chance to the team which would be considered as the one with less chances to win otherwise.

*** ICQ replaced with GameRanger ID in your profile ***

Any other changes (which I would appreciate, the entire section is outdated) should be posted in site questions / support.

Useful Articles

I have an idea how we could help Bradley to install non-HD version.

Some of us could send him the installation of the game - one can create the image of Stronghold Crusader CD. He will be able to install the game, but he will not be able to play with this image file. Nevertheless, he does have his own disc, which is hopefully in enough good condition for Bradley to start the game with.

I know this could seem like something that is not legal, but it is not. It would be the same, as I came to my neighbor and install the game on his PC. :) Still, for him to be able to play the game on his own, he would have to have the original CD, but the original CD is still at my house. :)

Some of us could send him the installation of the game

That's against the terms of use of the game. You aren't allowed to give game files to people.

Useful Articles

I've just remembered we're going on holiday tomorrow so I wouldn't be able to play today anyway - sorry.

Useful Articles

Good luck you two, hope you have a great fight! :D

Useful Articles