Mathew Steel

Stronghold 2, 31st of August

Will be hosting a game today and tomorrow, same times. I'm aware it is short notice, but I know I won't be doing anything on these days. If you can't make it, not a problem as it is short notice. For those who can, I'll see you in the game.

?Game: Stronghold 2

?Version: 1.4.1

?Maximum Participants: 8

?Current Participants (31st August):

-Mathew Steel

-Lord_Chris

-Lord Vetka

?Other Information:

1.GameRanger Room Name: StrongholdNationMS

2.GameRanger Password: shnms

3.Map: Unknown

4.Start Rank: Freeman

5.Starting Villages Per Player: None

6.Teams: 2 Players Per Team

7.Please Read: SH2 Multiplayer Rules

Global Start Times:

1.18:30 (6:30 PM) GMT +1 - London, United Kingdom

2.13:30 (1:30 PM) EST - North America

3.10:30 (10:30 AM) PDT - Vancouver, Canada

4.19:30 (7:30 PM) CEST - Belgrade, Serbia

NOTE- Room is now open! If you can join then please do now, thank you!

Edited by Mathew Steel

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

I'll be a bit late today, if you'll allow me to be - I'm doing my ice bucket challenge in about 45 minutes and I'll want about fifteen minutes of cooling off time after that.

Tomorrow I can play no problems.

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

That's not a problem, I'll add you to the list for both dates? If you can't make it let me know, otherwise I'll wait :)

Yes, that's fine you can add me for both. I should be fifteen minutes late at the most today, but I am definitely coming.

Useful Articles

IMPORTANT: Due to unexpected personal reasons. I won't be able to make tonight. The game tomorrow will continue as normal, sorry for any disappointment and inconvenience caused.

Hi, I'm not able to play this evening, and I think it will be the same tomorrow, but I wanted to ask.

Could we play Four Corners map sometime?

I saw that map after Chris mentioned it at Heaven Games, and I think it is a nice map for multiplayer. I like how the keep is not right next to the edge of the map, and how estates are not too large, and I also like the fact that not all estates have all resources - especially those estates with castles, there's no stone and iron in them.

I know it's easier to play on a map with huge estates, as one could build plenty of economy buildings there, but I could compare with those those high resource Stronghold Crusader maps. It is more interesting when you cannot build too many quarries, iron mines, etc - then it's not just spamming economy or whatever. Then running the economy becomes more interesting. :)

Also - we do not need ALL of those buildings that would bring us gold or honor. If we have less space in our estate, we would have to choose what to build - we would have to choose our priorities! Also, in those maps we would be able to see how would players fight! They wouldn't be able to get so much honor, and perhaps some would choose not to use knight, and to train more swordsmen, or some other cheaper units...

This is the minimap. This variant of the map has a castle estate in the middle, while there is also one other variant of the map in which this middle estate is only a village estate.

000045_.png

Yes that looks like a good map. We'll play that if you like.

Also I have time for a game now (though it isn't an official match) if anyone would like to join I'll be hosting for the next 30 minutes (9:02 GMT)

The GameRanger host will be the same as stated in the first post.

Edited by Mathew Steel

Here's something I was thinking about, I made a map a while ago called "A Four Way Mix" it's posted here.

It has four different castle sites, the SW one is open flat low ground, the NW one has flat open ground and a few raised area for towers, the NE site has raised ground and raised ground around the castle site itself for walls and towers and your gate, the SE site is behind natural defensive raised ground with walls gates and towers already made, and there are 2 small villages on the map.

What I was thinking is to play 2v2, or 3v2, I could change the SE site so 2 players could build in there and 2 players could attack the site. After you break through the natural and prebuilt defenses then you would have to get through the 2 players castles, you would have an advantage after getting through the natural defenses because then you could use them against the 2 players castles. Sound Like Fun!!!

What ever you guys would like to play would be fine by me, I might be able to play tomorrow.

"http://www.stronghold-nation.com/downloads/category/stronghold-2/kingmaker/"

That sounds great too! We'll have a vote (if anyone knows how to make a vote, please let me know). Of course this also depends on the players available.

I'll add your name to the list for tomorrow Lord Vetka. If you can't make it just let me know :)

Edit- Not to sure if this will work, my vote Lord Vetka is- A Four Way Mix

Edits by @Lord Vetka

If you ask me - that Vetka's map looks pretty interesting. We should play it some time. :)

Those two maps we mentioned right now cannot be compared in fact. Vetka's map was created to be unbalanced, and it is interesting because of that! On the other side, Four Corners map is for a multiplayer game when we want to play a balanced map. :)

True true, we'll just see what everyone fancies doing tomorrow. I'm happy playing either :)

Could we play Four Corners map sometime?

Believe it or not, I actually think you're able to read my mind now - that's the reason I thought of bringing it here. I would like to play four corners sometime, it's fairly suited to multiplayer in my opinion, maybe I should create some kind of 'random' map generator here at the site, and whenever we setup a game we go there and a map randomly appears which we can use for that game - there are just so many to choose from!

Useful Articles

That is a great idea Chris. There are many maps I haven't tried out yet :)

I have downloaded the maps recommended by EaglePrince and Lord Vetka. We'll see who turns up for the match today.

I understand, I'm doing GCSE's in January so I'm trying to spend my free time now playing SH2 before I go back :'(

Hope you can make it :)

Good luck with those, they are extremely stressful. :S

And I don't want to get political so I'll mention no more.

Edited by Lord_Chris

Useful Articles

Yes they are. Did you have to do Welsh as a GCSE in school Chris? I know some schools in England do.

I'm Welsh speaking since my school is a Welsh school, we will have higher grade papers for Welsh :'(

Nope, but I did German which is a pretty easy language to pick up - never Google translate it though, it's often wrong.

Useful Articles

Yes that is true. Google translate can translate nothing. It's okay with words, but in sentences, it's always grammatically wrong!

I should be able to play, you set the time to 10:30 Vancouver?

Whatever map you guys choose is good for me!

Good job you posted that, or I would have turned up half an hour early ;)

Useful Articles

That's great to hear :)

If I'm correct 10:30 Vancouver is in 2 hours and 15 minutes?