Mathew Steel

"Yr Ymladd Cymru" (War Custom Map)

Another map I've made. The map isn't quite out for download yet, as I'm still not 100% sure everything is how it should be. I've been playing the map for about 4 hours re-playing making sure everything is okay. So if anyone wants to play test the map let me know. I'm only allowing 3 playtesters, so if you really do want to and you can give me some feedback, then comment your e-mail below. Thank you! :)

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

Is this just a play testing thread or for the map as well? If it's just a play testing thread, the best place would be in Volunteer Work.

Edited by Lord_Chris

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

Moved to Volunteer Work. :)

Useful Articles

Thank you!

Are you interested in playtesting the map now Chris? (Changing game speed might make replaying the same missions a bit better, since you've played some before) :)

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

Unfortunately I'll have to decline this time, I'm quite busy at the moment with other things. :(

Useful Articles

I hope I would be able to play-test the map, but nothing before the exam. :(

Chris, by the way - maybe we should rename "Volunteer Work". I taught this forum was only for "Want to offer your services as a volunteer". Maybe it's just me, I don't know. :)

Besides that, I think that play-testing requests should be at the same place where we present our new maps to the community.

Those are just my suggestions - you know best. :)

"Share Your Project" forum has gone because when someone makes a Stronghold 2 map for example, he shares it at Stronghold 2 forum. For this reason, my Stronghold Crusader faces and shields, and Stronghold 2 crests were the only two topic there, and because of that I asked Chris to move back those two topics to Stronghold Crusader and Stronghold 2 forums.

There those will be more visible. The reason why I think that your asking for testing map will be more easily noticed up there, at Stronghold 2 forum. :)

I was thinking about getting rid of that forum anyway, I just hadn't had time to bring it up in a team discussion. So after @EaglePrince asked me I just decided to remove it instead.

This forum is for anything volunteer related (such as map testing, scripting things for you.etc) whereas the game forum is for technical questions, support & advanced discussions on the games, so they are for different things.

Useful Articles

Maybe the map info should be posted in both sections, in SH2 to announce the map and here to ask for play testers.

I don't have a lot of time to test, if you want send it over and I will take a look at it for you.

Send the map to "sirvetka- gmail-.com"

I have played your map Mathew, there were a few problems, mission 5 did not have the win scripted so I had to quit and fix mission before retesting the map, I will find time to write a proper report and send it to your mail box.